Yamaha SLG100N
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  1:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021012101350024245005169955175/search/g=home?q=Yamaha+SLG100N

anyone else gotten the change to play one of these, i really like it. Has lots of kewl features, such as BUILT IN REVERB! i think thats really kewl. and it plays really well too.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  5:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that picture on the site what it really looks like? Thats one odd looking guitar!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  9:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's really kewl........I'm gonna buy an electric soon......but that would be pretty kewl to have.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

88 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  12:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what kind of electric are you going to get?

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  01:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is that picture on the site what it really looks like? Thats one odd looking guitar!

yes it is what it really looks like, u can dismantle it for easy shipping and such on trips too. it only weighs lke 5 pounds. and sounds great when u plug it in to an amp or put the headphones on.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  01:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

what kind of electric are you going to get?

Not sure yet. When my paycheck comes (due the stupidity of Financial Aid and the Employment office, I haven't gotten paid for all of summer and the beginning of this semester), it will total close to $1750.......I factored out taxes and expenses (books and stuff that my mom paid for)......and I think I will have $1000 left over. Of course, I will not be putting all of it toward an electric, so I figure I will spend no more than $500. Since the next payday isn't until Halloween, I'm gonna go "window shopping" and test drive as many electrics as possible. Since I only own 6 and 12 string acoustics, I figured that the more research (as I like to call it) I do, the better chance I have of buying something really nice.

Any suggestions that you think I should try out? I'm looking for your run-of-the-mill electric. Nothing bluesy like a Gibson, or punkish..........just an electric to learn on.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  01:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Spend $900 on a used SRV edition strat and come over to the east coast and start a blues band with me.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  01:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Only if you pay for the ticket. No way am I gonna spend anymore after paying $900.

Go to Top of Page

someguywithaguitarrr
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  03:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay fags fags fags fags fags fags homo homo homo homo homo homo homo i sur hope that this wont hurt our relationship since we are in a big happy family

Go to Top of Page

88 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  11:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you play your cards right, then you can probably get a gibson sg gothic like tims for about what you're willing to pay. that's not ordinary. it is a gibson, yes, but not 'bluesy'. that's really my only suggestion.

$799. zakk wylde's les paul custom.

$2150. my favorite guitar. come on, you can afford this one. gibson sg supreme with '57 humbuckers.

$579. gibson sg special faded.

$349. esp ltd v-100. hey, you wanted different.

$779. noel gallagher archtop union jack supernova. for the uk in all of us.

$499. pierced epiphone sg. i like this way more than i should.

maybe that will give you a good baseline.
Go to Top of Page

88 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  11:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh hell, you said you were looking for the run of the mill electric. oops.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  2:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

$799. zakk wylde's les paul custom.

I really could use a drooling smilie right about now.

BTW, does ESP even make guitars anymore, or are they all LTDs, aside from the ESP Custom Shop that is?

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  3:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ooooooohhhhhhhhh.....am SG Gothic! That would be kewl! I'll try that one out. I figured that since TIM had it, it probably cost in the $1000s........and the SG Sumpreme and Special look nice too.........I'll get the Supreme just because I have over 2 grand to spend.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  3:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how about this one....

Go to Top of Page

88 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$899. gibson sg special gothic. you can get these for less money other places, however.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  3:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow.......an 8 stringed guitar. How much would that cost?

.....and I found this........I'm obviously not going to buy a guitar on ebay, but this shows the price range.......http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=912715560

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  4:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man this is a nice picture........

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  6:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my brother (dickmountjoy on the board)has the SG, and i have the studio gothic. i like the studio better, just cuz i dont like how the jack is placed on teh sg's. also it is top heavy, but better in the total weight cuz studio gibsons weigh a good 20 lbs or so maybe. im not good at judging weight. but the studio gothics cost about the same as sg's.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  8:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

how about this one....

Damn, that is one gigantic mandolin.

I have the Gothic Les Paul also, modified with EMGs, but I want to get those Black Diamond strings for it, so it will be solid black, down to the strings.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2002 :  6:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb, you started looking yet? I got a guitar off ebay with no problems, so you might consider that after all. If you can get one for $300 (an SG gothic, that is) then go for it. If you don't like it, just resell it, no problem.

Line, those are great guitars, by the way. Except for the Les Paul, but even that's redeemend by the fact that it's Zakk Wylde's. Don't know about the British one, tho. And for that matter, the Flying V is kinda silly. I guess you could say that I just like the SGs that you picked.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2002 :  10:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast
pcbdmb, you started looking yet?

Actually, I'm home for the weekend, so I decided to go to Guitar Center tomorrow and try some stuff out. I'll let you know what the results are. And I might check out the ebay thing after I have a general idea of what I want.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  01:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MAN, that Gibson SG Supreme is one hot guitar.

Yeah, I just got a cheap 6 string acoustic (Sigma Martin) off ebay. There were no problems with it. It was advertised as "new" but the pickguard had obviously been played on a little. But it was no big deal. The transaction went down fine, and there have been no problems with the guitar since. And I have to say, I'd probably be more confident buying an electric on ebay, since the actual body has less to do with the actual sound than on an acoustic. (I know people will disagree with me on that, but that's ok).

So at least give it a looking at. Buy from someone with a good rating, and all that crap. It can be good for all involved.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  9:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK. I went to Guitar Center, and I've decided between three guitars. They are......

The Fender Stratocaster

the Ibanez AX 1220

or the Ibanez RG 470

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  9:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm leaning towards the Ibanez because the Fender Strat is just too commercial. Almost everyone who owns an electric has a Fender Strat. I want the AX 1220, but I don't know what it costs.....so if it's too expensive I will most likely go with the RG 470.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  10:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's well documented how I feel about the first one (and I'm going to say nothing about it here because someone would no doubt say how narrowminded I am...rrrr...) But the other two look cook. I probably lean toward the one you liked best, too. And since that's an Ibanez, it'll probably be in your range.

Ah, just found it on musiciansfriend.com

Ibanez Ax 1220 List 999.99, their price 749.99.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  10:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's always this one for only 150. more. This is superfly.

899.99 Gibson Voodoo SG.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  10:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's pretty funny. I was about to put this link...

http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=50756

It says $1000.

Also, the same site says this about the other guitar I want.

http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=62022

It says $750, but at Guitar Center, they were charging $300.....so maybe I can get the AX.....that would be sweet.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
May I suggest the Tim Rew signature upside-down cross model? I know the neck is a little wide but what it lacks in functionality, it more than makes up for in kewlness!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  8:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nah Fluffy, I think he's looking for something more like this to express his personality.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  11:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll take two. Do they come in bright pink?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But of course.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oooooooohhhhhh.....I might have to get all three. Them's collector's items they is!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Too bad there's not a "Dead Daisy" version that is all brown and withered...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  01:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe......I wonder if a lot of people would buy that out of pity.

"Oh, look at that lonely guitar!"

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  08:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Probably. Just tell them it's in remembrance of a child rock star.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  1:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Or that each one was onced owned by a Powerpuff Girl....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000