Vulgar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  6:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the movie Vulgar by Kevin Smith (of Mallrats and Clerks fame)? It is definitely not a comedy like his other works, but it is a good movie that I would suggest to anyone on this board. It has some disturbing parts, as well as a little comedy here and there, but it is mostly a drama. It was just interesting for me to see Kevin Smith branch out from his Jay and Silent Bob movies and approach a movie with very serious subject matter. Brian O'Halloran (Dante from Clerks) stars in it, and it also features Jason Mewes.

On the DVD, there is also a special segment called "In The Defense Of Dogma" about the backlash from religious nuts when Dogma was about to be released. That special alone makes the DVD worth picking up.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  11:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It is not by Kevin Smith, it is by one Mr. Bryan Johnson(AKA Steve-Dave). Kevin Smith co-produced it.

I have yet to see it, i want to though, should order it when i get some cash, that and Drawing flies along w/ A better place (abp is supposed to be a very good movie too).

But keep a look out for Kevins next movie Jersey Girl. Jay and bob will not be in it... but unfortunatly J-Lo is..... sigh... but she was good in The Cell.... so maybe she will be good in this. Liv Tyler is in it too, and shes kewl.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  10:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It is not by Kevin Smith, it is by one Mr. Bryan Johnson(AKA Steve-Dave). Kevin Smith co-produced it.

Yeah, I screwed that up. It dawned on me soon after I posted it that Kevin did not actually write/direct it. But it is a movie that Kevin is behind none the less. Plus the Dogma thing is worth the DVD.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  04:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. When did it come out?

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  11:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
not too long ago, heres a link to where u can purchase vulgar.

http://store.yahoo.com/jsbstash/vulgardvd.html

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000