Whoa...I had no idea.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  5:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just watched the video for DMB's United performance, and I didnt have a clue that Stefan plays the intro for Watchtower...whoa. What effect is that he's using?

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  10:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
a slide...

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  12:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
a slide isn't an effect.
he's using no effects, i think. if anything (which i doubt) it's a distortion and harmonizer.

get in the car, little girl.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  12:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i KNOW a slide isn't an effect...i was saying that with sarcasm! Jeez Lousie...why must you yell at me like such? donkey.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  5:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if I've heard this version but usually for the watchtower intro he uses a combination of slide, autowah, and autoharmonizer....

"Get up an move... or I'll put a curse on you... that all your children will be born naked." – Hendrix
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  7:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
auto...auto...That's an automasturbator he's got there, Bill...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2002 :  6:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah joemoe, I had no clue it was Stefan either untill I downloaded the video myself...pretty neat.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  01:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Slides sound good when used right.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  04:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just like women.....right Silky?

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000