New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

36andmore
Is Anybody Here?

10 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  11:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, everybody...
There is a band from Albuquerque coming to Colorado around the middle of this month, their name is Civitas. They are an eclectic latin-influenced improvisational band, they have a very tight sound , lots of structure and musical talent, and some kick-ass improvs. They have a date set for the Acoustic Coffee Lounge in Colorado Springs on 7-19-02, a possible date at Quixote's in Denver on either the 18th or the 20th, and they may be featured and interviewed on Good Morning Colorado on the 19th. They love Colorado and would like a good turn-out at their shows there so that they can come back. So, here's the deal: They have a CD coming out within a month's time. There is an EP of sorts associated with the CD, it has 5 of the mastered tracks on it. I will send this EP out to anyone and everyone in Colorado who wants a copy of it.
Please don't post here, send me an email at 36andmore@ihateclowns.com
Check out the band's website at www.civitasmusic.com (There will be a whole new website up within 2 weeks time, same address).
And if you see me at the show there, please say hello!
Thanks so much,
Estilla

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  8:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't live in Colorado, but I *have* been to the Acoustic Coffee Lounge. It's a not very big venue with yummy drinks and good cookies. It's a fun place to see a show since there's not really a bad seat in the house.

I'll share the info w/ my friends in C. Springs.

teri

p.s. Do they sound anything like Ozomatli? That would be cool.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000