Suprise!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  10:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I sit here and stare blankly at my computer for another, seemingly endless night, I think of TIMreynolds.com. Why? I'm still pondering the answer to that very question myself.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Somehow, through a long road of ups and downs and endless spins, I've found my way back to a comfortable place to unwind. To stop in and say hello, to rant and rave, to piss and moan, to leave a sensless trail of mindless babbling in the form of a post about my balls.

If TIMe could be stopped or even extended, I would wish it upon everyone to have that thirty seconds it takes to appreciate life; at least once a day. Or, if you prefer, to read something Fluffy incoherently posted at 4am.

So, as I take my 30 seconds and spin through in a whirlwind of "who was that masked man?" I will share this with you, my friends, my TIM family ...

Bring to yourself a breath of fresh air,
act like a child for a day.
Cherish not what you have,
cherish what happiness you have given others.
Live life one day at a time,
tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
Do what you've always wanted to do,
the only thing that holds you back is you.
Run naked through the rain,
wash away the burdon on your shoulders.
Make love to a complete stranger,
let them know they're alive.
Play your favorite song as loud as you want,
who cares what everyone thinks.
Sing along for good measure,
let them know you're a star.
Be true to yourself,
you always know when you lie.
Lastly, always do your best,
you'll never let yourself down.

Blah ... not a very good one, but I just wrote it on the fly. My 30 seconds is up and I must take my whirlwind elsewhere.

Love, peace and hair grease .... Dave.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  11:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave!!! I've missed you around here. Glad to see you post. I hope all is well with you. I have 2 DMB lawn seat tics for july 18th if you are interested. I can't make it to that show. How are the pooches? Still taking classes? I know I'm nosey.... Take care, keep in touch sweetie! Lizzy

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  1:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave, good to hear from you as always. How's work/play/life going? Ever end up getting your new project car?

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  6:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Liz, I'm interested in the tickets - definately. Drop me an email with your number and i'll give you a call. Was supposed to leave tomorrow for the VA Beach show, but Janel's grandfather is in the hostpital dying of cancer, so we decided it would be best to stay local in case he dies this weekend. Family comes first.

Things are going well, life, work, school, etc... it's tough to keep up with all of it. The puppies are wonderful. Mollie is now 6 months old and weights about 55-60lbs, she's a beast. Vet says she'll probably be around 120-130lbs full grown.

Project car ... yes, this has yet to come to life. Been too damn busy to work on anything. But, I'm building a 1990 Nissan 240SX into a J-Spec 180SX Type-X. I'm in the process of building the Silvia motor now, it should be good for about 325-350 ponies when I'm done. Then, what the hell, I'll throw on a big shot of nitrous for good measure (150-200hp range). Cool news, I just bought Janel a new Mercedes for her graduation gift (she graduates in September with two, yes two, masters degrees - Masters in Health Care Administration and a Masters in Business Administration). I'm so insanely proud of her it hurts - now my savings account can share that pain with me ;)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  7:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You've got mail my friend!! Liz

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  8:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave....So sorry to hear about Janel's grandfather.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  9:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dave....So sorry to hear about Janel's grandfather.

Thank you Liz, I appreciate your thoughts. He's had terminal cancer for a while, so we've kind of been preparing for it. Still, Janel is going to be quite upset when it happens ... so, I just have to be here for her.

-----------
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000