Waking Life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  5:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go rent this movie it is excellent in so many ways. If you like creative movies then this one is for you! Go rent it!

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  04:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
May I ask what it is about? It doesn't ring a bell by the title alone.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  11:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah. i need to know what it is so i can estimate how many tissues i'll need or how much popcorn to pop

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2002 :  11:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's basically about dreaming. I don't know what else to say about it without giving away what plot there is. It's trippy as hell though. They took real-life footage recorded on home video cameras and used computer plugins to make it look animated. Definitely a one-of-a-kind film.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  09:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is enuf of a description to make me want to check it out. Consider it added to my list. THANX

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2002 :  9:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have not been keeping up... We talked about this a couple of months ago: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1792

Summary: A man in a dream state encounters many characters who, one by one, talk about their views on the meaning, perception, and reality of human existence. (ref: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0243017)

Plus, a guy from my class was the Art Director. Bob Sabiston has developed his own software, which was used to create the look of the Waking Life animation. I will admit, though, that some scenes were a little too wiggly/wavy for me. I didn't like "The Critic" much because of the wiggly lines around all of the characters. I like stable animation I guess. At least this movie was *supposed* to be dreamy so I tried not to dwell on it.

Bob's first animation (at least that I know of), called "Beat Dedication," featured a robot drummer. He also wrote a public service announcement on recycling for MTV (Recycle! We mean it! - The Trees) and "Grinning Evil Death" for Liquid Television. The latter is available on various animation festival videos. Not sure about the former.

He's way cool! Too bad I didn't actually ever meet him. I'll have to watch for him at future reunions, although he's probably the "too cool" type who doesn't go to those.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2002 :  9:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's a little more on "Grinning Evil Death"

The story involves a giant killer mutant robotic cockroach from space. The only person who can stop this menace to Earth, is a young boy! What is his weapon? Why not; the super hero ring he found in his cereal box. Yes, as a matter of fact, that is all he needs to destroy the grinning evil death. Another reason to love the inspired humor of the Liquid TV series.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000