Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Cool judge>>>
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man sentenced to five-mile race
By Associated Press, 6/19/02

PAINESVILLE, Ohio — A man who ran from police suddenly has a reason to put his running shoes back on.

Painesville Municipal Judge Michael Cicconetti ordered Michael Logar, 33, to run in a five-mile race on July 28 instead of serving six months in jail.

Logar admitted he ran from a car June 9 when a State Highway Patrol trooper stopped it after seeing Logar, a passenger, drinking a beer. He was charged with failure to comply and resisting arrest but pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of attempted obstruction of official business.

Cicconetti suspended 170 days of a 180-day jail sentence Monday on the condition that Logar run the race. The better Logar does in the race, the less time he will have to serve under house arrest.

Cicconetti said Logar's sentence is meant to send a message.

"Since he likes to run from police, I'm going to give him a chance to run away as hard as he can," Cicconetti said.

Logar will spend 10 days in jail with work-release privileges starting Tuesday and will be given up to four hours of training time daily to prepare for the race.

Cicconetti is known for giving unusual sentences. Earlier this year, he ordered a man who called a police officer a pig to stand in a pen with a 350-pound pig for two hours on a city sidewalk.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  5:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
More fun.

http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/helicopter_game.htm

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  7:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
879 was the best I could do.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  7:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

More fun.

I got a 1064

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  7:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

More fun.

Might I add this game has the worst collison detection I've ever seen...but man is it fun!

---------------

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  8:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
759's mine.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  9:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1403 now, yeah!

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  10:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that judge blows. i'm gettin sick of 0dd punishments. if they're gonna be unusual, and they allow it, you might as well be really cruel, too. make it more entertaining for the rest of us.

get in the car, little girl.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  10:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But the helicopter game, it's fun isnt it?

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  01:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting.. I just got a new personal high score. 911.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  05:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Earlier this year, he ordered a man who called a police officer a pig to stand in a pen with a 350-pound pig for two hours on a city sidewalk.
I would have liked to see that. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  2:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just got 911 for a high score also...but i had 37 too...(in a row?)

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Adopt your own useless blob!
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  2:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Painesville is aboot ten minuets from where i live. I saw the dude with the pig, it was damn funny!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  7:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
painesville is aboot 10 min from where i live. i read aboot the guy with the pig. saw the pictures too. ha ha

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  7:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOD

I just scored a 2480 on that stupid fucking game!

---------------

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  8:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whew, I finally got over 1000 with a 1375. I'm gonna get you HispanicTeenGuitarist.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  8:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
2546 is the best I've managed yet. This game is turning into a compulsion.
-J

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  11:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA, 1565. Take that HispanicTeenGuitarist.

Hmmm...Silky...I'll have to let you be the boss on this game for a while....I think 2500 is out of my league.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  11:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Na... it was pretty easy the whole way through. I just got lucky "course."

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  12:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just when I think the internet can't get any better, something like this comes along.

http://www.fugly.com/media/MOVIES/DUMB/BIRTHDAY.mpg

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  12:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Capt or Jay, You got pics you can share with the rest of us of the guy in the pig pen? I searched on the internet but could not locate any. I figured there had to be some out there somewhere.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  01:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't have any...my dad and i jsut drove by him. It was pretty funny! We didn't read the story yet, so we jsut saw a guy with a pig on the sidewalk! IT was a riot!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  09:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I crazy or is this country.

Its against the law to call a cop a pig?
Maybe they left some of the story out, like he called the cop a pig after he got busted for DUI or something.

I sure hope so, the day you cant call a cop a pig is a sad, sad, day

Peace

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  1:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the man was arrested for something else and as I remember, got a small amount of jail time. This judge is very nice, and tries to find alternatives to jail, as you can see. He busted my oldest brother for something or other a few years back, and ordered thirty days in prison with work leave. As it ended up, he was let out of prison after 15 days for good behavior.
I've accually breifly talked to this Judge before, at a Chinese restaraunt in Painseville. He was a very good humored man, and very talkitive...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  2:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh no! The site for the game is down...now what am I supposed to do at work?!

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  11:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if i fine one then i'll scan it on

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  08:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Remember "Vacation" and the "Pig in a poke" game show? HEHE

Anyway, I think that you definitely can be arrested for calling a police officer a pig. They have a little charge they like to use recklessly called "disorderly conduct" and I think that would fall nicely into that category. Basically, this law allows an officer at his discretion to arrest you for just about anything he believes is "disorderly conduct". Whatta bunch of BS. Here is a story of someone arrested for disorderly conduct in a very similar situation to mine. I was arrested for disorderly conduct while asking a police officer for assistance. Julian Bond is a acquaintance/friend thru the record store I work at. He is a regular customer and I have had many opportunities to talk with him and hear him speak on such matters. After reading HIS story, please read the DC disorderly conduct code that follows. Notice how VAGUE it is. It basically leaves it open for a police officer to arrest you for anything HE damn well sees fit. It truly is a loophole in the system. I was unjustly charged and convicted of disorderly conduct and take it from me, YOU could be to.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. I KNOW IT IS LONG!!!

Julian Bond, chairman of the NAACP, earlier this year found himself explaining to a D.C. Superior Court judge why he could not sit on a jury for a case involving a shooting by D.C. officers.

J. Max Bond, then 87, was hit by D.C. police while checking out a disturbance near his home, says nephew Julian Bond. (Family photo)

Bond told the judge that a decade ago, his 87-year-old uncle, J. Max Bond, a distinguished educator and diplomat, had been knocked to the ground outside his Capitol Hill home by an officer. Max Bond had gone outside to look into a disturbance, according to his subsequent account in court papers. When one officer after another refused to answer his questions and kept referring him to other officers, Bond muttered, "Another dictionary case: Donkey – see jackass. Jackass – see donkey."

Bond was immediately struck in the head and shoulders, then arrested for disorderly conduct, according to court papers. No charges were filed. Police say that anyone who verbally abuses an officer is subject to arrest.

"There was no excuse for striking an old man," Julian Bond said of his uncle, who has since died.

Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D), a friend of Max Bond who witnessed the incident while jogging, said she was horrified.

"This was an old man of great intelligence, vigor and dignity," Norton said. "He had never been disrespectful to anyone. Nobody would have found an elderly gentleman of this kind a danger to the police."

DC's DISORDERLY CONDUCT CODE

§ 22-1121. Disorderly Conduct
Whoever, with intent to provoke a breach of the peace, or under circumstances such that a breach of the peace may be occasioned thereby: (1) acts in such a manner as to annoy, disturb, interfere with, obstruct, or be offensive to others; (2) congregates with others on a public street and refuses to move on when ordered by the police; (3) shouts or makes a noise either outside or inside a building during the nighttime to the annoyance or disturbance of any considerable number of persons; (4) interferes with any person in any place by jostling against such person or unnecessarily crowding such person or by placing a hand in the proximity of such person's pocketbook, or handbag; or (5) causes a disturbance in any streetcar, railroad car, omnibus, or other public conveyance, by running through it, climbing through windows or upon the seats, or otherwise annoying passengers or employees, shall be fined not more than $250 or imprisoned not more than 90 days, or both. (June 29,1953,67 Star. 98, ch. 159, § 21 la; 1973 Ed., § 22-1121; May 21,1994, D.C. Law 10-119, § 9(a), 41 DCR 1639.)
This section is violated when there is noisy, riotous, or inflammatory behavior provoking a breach of peace. However, there can also be a violation of this section without such extreme conduct.

I did not feel that you would all want to read the Disorderly Conduct Codes from all 50 states so I picked out 3 of the vaguest examples that illustrate my point very well. Read them and you will easily see how easy it would be for you to be locked up for disorderly conduct for simply muttering something like "PIG" under your breath. These are things I hope you would want to find out about this way before you end up like me and find out the HARD WAY. I have highlighted the significant sections in RED.

#1:Disorderly Conduct

CAUSING DISTURBANCE, INDECENT EXHIBITION, LOITERING, ETC.
... / Evidence of peace officer.
175. (1) Every one who

(a) not being in a dwelling-house, causes a disturbance in or near a public place,
(i) by fighting, screaming, shouting, swearing, singing or using insulting or obscene language,
(ii) by being drunk, or
(iii) by impeding or molesting other persons,

(b) openly exposes or exhibits an indecent exhibition in a public place,

(c) loiters in a public place and in any way obstructs persons who are in that place, or

(d) disturbs the peace and quiet of the occupants of a dwelling-house by discharging firearms or by other disorderly conduct in a public place or who, not being an occupant of a dwelling-house comprised in a particular building or structure, disturbs the peace and quiet of the occupants of a dwelling-house comprised in the building or structure by discharging firearms or by other disorderly conduct in any part of a building or structure to which, at the time of such conduct, the occupants of two or more dwelling-houses comprised in the building or structure have access as of a right or by invitation, express or implied.
is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
(2) In the absence of other evidence, or by way of corroboration of other evidence, a summary conviction court may infer from the evidence of a peace officer relating to the conduct of a person or persons, whether ascertained or not, that a disturbance described in paragraph (1)(a) or (d) was caused or occurred.
THIS LAST PART MAY BE THE SCARIEST I HAVE READ. BASICALLY, IT IS SAYING ABSENT OF ANY EVIDENCE THE POLICE OFFICERS WORD WILL BE TAKEN AS EVIDENCE ENOUGH TO CONVICT FOR THIS OFFENSE. SO IF THE OFFICER SAYS YOU DID IT, YOU ARE GUILTY.

#2: § 5503. Disorderly conduct.
(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior;
makes unreasonable noise;
uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture; or
creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor.

(b) Grading.--An offense under this section is a misdemeanor of the third degree if the intent of the actor is to cause substantial harm or serious inconvenience, or if he persists in disorderly conduct after reasonable warning or request to desist. Otherwise disorderly conduct is a summary offense.

(c) Definition.--As used in this section the word "public" means affecting or likely to affect persons in a place to which the public or a substantial group has access; among the places included are highways, transport facilities, schools, prisons, apartment houses, places of business or amusement, any neighborhood, or any premises which are open to the public.

#3: SEC. 97-35-7. Disorderly conduct; failure to comply with requests or commands of law enforcement officers; penalties.

(1) Whoever, with intent to provoke a breach of the peace, or under such circumstances as may lead to a breach of the peace, or which may cause or occasion a breach of the peace, fails or refuses to promptly comply with or obey a request, command, or order of a law enforcement officer, having the authority to then and there arrest any person for a violation of the law, to:

(a) Move or absent himself and any vehicle or object subject to his control from the immediate vicinity where the request, command or order is given, or

(b) Arise, if lying or sitting down, and move to a point designated by said officer outside the immediate area of, or which is affected by the occurrences at, the place of issuing such order, command, or request, or

(c) Refrain from lying down or sitting down at, or in the immediate vicinity of, the place where said order, request or command is given, or

(d) Refrain from obstructing, with his body or any part thereof, or in any manner, the lawful movement or passage of any vehicle, or

(e) Refrain from placing, or permitting, or cooperating with another to place, his body or any part thereof, in front of or behind any vehicle, in such manner as to interfere with, or prevent its movement or block its path in lawful movement, or

(f) Refrain from chaining or tying or binding himself or another to any object or person, or

(g) Unbind, unchain or loosen himself, or remove himself, from any chain or other means whereby he may be prevented from moving away from the place or the immediate vicinity where he may be when such officer issues said order, request or command, or

(h) Walk or move to, enter and remain in, either or both, as may be directed by such officer, any police or other vehicle operated by any law enforcement officer or department, or any other vehicle designated by such an officer, or

(i) Act or do or refrain from acting or doing as ordered, requested or commanded by said officer to avoid any breach of the peace at or near the place of issuance of such order, request or command, shall be guilty of disorderly conduct, which is made a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, such person or persons shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) or imprisonment in the county jail for not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(2) Any person who causes, or aids, or encourages, or abets another to violate, or in violating, any provision of subsection (1) hereof, shall be guilty of disorderly conduct which is made a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, such person or persons shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) or imprisonment in the county jail for not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(3) If any person alone or in concert with others violates subsections (1) or (2) hereof, or both, under such circumstances or in such a manner as to evince a wilful and wanton disregard for the life or safety of another and if as a result thereof another person or persons be injured, maimed or killed, the person or persons so violating subsections (1) or (2) hereof, or both, shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, such person or persons shall be imprisoned in the state penitentiary not longer than five (5) years or be fined not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00), or both such fine and imprisonment.

(4) The provisions of this section are supplementary to the provisions of any other statutes of this state.

SCARY STUFF!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  01:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll sum up what Fluffy just said...with a mock one part conversation...call it a soliloquy if you like...

Government: "We can do whatever we want to do."

That's all. Goodbye.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  6:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BINGO!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.(obviously)Definitely not in as few words. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  7:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's horrible.
Did he have to serve Jury Duty?

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  7:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did WHO have to serve jury duty?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000