Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Karma to Burn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2001 :  03:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, gotta thank you for turning me on to these guys... one day I started ramndomly downloading some stuff that you guys listen to and these guys rock big time!!! Appalachan Woman is a cool tune!

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2001 :  03:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Karma to Burn is one of my faves. I have seen them about 6 times. They shake the earth live. At one point the singer for Kyuss was singing for them and then at the last minute bowed out. They continued on without a singer and i think I prefer them that way. Glad i could turn you onto some kewl music. Enjoy!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  10:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, Turns out my friend Burt, singer for Fear Factory has been practicing with these guys in Pittsburgh. His stay there is what led to his deciding to move to Pittsburgh. He is gonna sing a couple of songs for them on their new CD. Burt also tells me a friend of mine named Neal from the band CLUTCH is going to be singing on a couple of songs as well. If you have never heard them check them out as well. AWESOME!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  2:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT Hey Kev, didn't know if you ever saw my answer on this one.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  7:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I've heard Clutch before, but like you said up a few posts, I seem to like their instrumental songs a little better. There is one called "20" that I like a lot. "24" is really cool too. Hopefully they go on a lil tour to supprt this new album, I'd go check em out! Let me know if you hear anything new.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  05:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I certainly will!! See ya there!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  2:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fluffy, i checked those guys oot, and they were pretty sweet! I also checked oot Elmore James on your request, and i love him! Thanks Man!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  5:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kewl!! Elmore is bad mutha...shut yo mouth!!! It is very primitive, but given the time and the influences, you cannot deny the genius and obviously innate ability. Gotta remember those guys back then weren't copying, they were creating. Pretty amazing when you stop and think about it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  02:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was able to pick up two albums from Karma to burn these past weeks and they ROCK in a hard way! I found Wild Wonderful Purgatory in a wonderful record shop down in San Diego called Lou's records www.lousrecords.com and then I just today recieved their self titled original album that I foun for 8 bucks, used on amazon. It was really interesting to find out that some of the songs on the instrumental cd are the same songs as their 1st cd, but just stripped down and without vocals.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  02:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh Fluffy, be sure to tell REW that there are plenty for sale used on Amazon, he said he couldnt find that album anywhere.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, Mr Rew is computerless. Maybe while we are out on tour I can show him Amazon.com and the CD he is searching for. As for Karma To Burn and Burt, that all fell thru. He still moved to PA but the band couldn't pull it together. Burt is working on his own stuff. He may use some friends of mine for his demos and record it at our studio. That would be awesome. TR told me there is a possibilty he may be covering one of Fear Factory's instrumental songs. I told Burt and he said it is instrumental on the album but he actually wrote lyrics for it. He is interested in singing them for TR if TR does a version of it. Now that would be KEWL. HOPE HOPE HOPE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000