Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I just bougth my Attack of the Clones tickets!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm bursting Jerry, BURSTING!

3----------------------->

Isaac

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well atleast u arnt in line already.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hell yeah! i can't wait to see it, even though it'll probably be a week from when it comes out...Still it'll be great!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  1:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been waiting so patiently, I simply can't wait! I'm not usually a big movie person unless its strangely off the wall, but I'm oh so into the Star Wars stuff. Especially on the BIG screen!

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  4:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm actually a little put off with the whole buying tickets in advance thing. I think its much more fun and apropriate to line up weeks in advance. Now I have nothing to do next Thursday morning but roll out of bed and drive to the theatre!

hehe did I ever tell you guys my Episode 1 story? Aight here goes:

Me and some friends decided to take the day off of school, I was 18 so I could simply call myself in sick. So me and 3 friends get a shit load of junk food and got in line iwth our sleeping bags at about 9:30 the night before. Well we pig out, horse around and end up getting no sleep it was a good time. Then around 1am we see this shitty truck come into the parking lot, it turns around and drives right up in front of us all slowly, we figure its just someone asking what were waiting for or somethign (we got a lot of that), but no this shit eating hick whips a stink bomb at us and speeds off! Fortunatly it didn't break when it hit the ground.

Anyway so the next morning its getting light, we were about 2 hours off from the first showing, the lines about 50 people long now including a bunch more friends who are a ways back in line. Well they were all horsing around having a good time so they jump into this guys car and head over to the gas station across the parking lot. They buy these toy disk shooting guns and decide to do a drive by. So as they're comming through the parking lot, we saw them comming, and me thinking I was neo from the matrix I stepped out in the road thinking i'd just run over the top of his car (it made sense in my head at the time). Well they came zooming up going like 15 miles an hour, I managed to get my foot on the hood of his probe, immediatly lost my balance and fell through the windshield! I cut my elbow and my knee to shit and all 3 friends inside had tons of scratches and were picking glass out of their clotehs for like 20 minuets. Anyway the cops get called my friends super pissed, but we agree that I'll pay for the repairs and he's cool with that so he decides to try to take his car home and I stay in line.

Showtime comes, I buy 5 tickets one for every showing that day. We're the first ones into the theatre we get the prime seats and get all cozy. In walks this dude from the newspaper, he wants to take a picture of the people who were first in line. So he takes a picture of us and after about the 3rd showing he interviews me about the whole jumping through the window thing.

So yeah I saw it 5 times in a row, which wasn't too pointful because I slept through the last two. I got home super late and ended up beign super tired at school the next day. I get to my 3rd period class, which was a free period for me to go fix the teachers computers, I get a call that the attendence lady was having problems with her printer. I get down there and she's out to lunch, I fix her printer no problem. Then on my way out, I notice that she has the picture of me and my friends cut off the front page of the local newspaper and PINNED UP AT HER DESK!

So yeah later that day we all get systematically called to the attendence office to receive our detentions, but ah well it was worth it. Oh yeah and it turned out that I did 1500 dollars worth of damage to that friends car eh heh. Ah well hopefully this time things will go better hehe.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  5:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a great story. I remember watching the news and seeing clips of those huge ass lines into the movies. Cant wait to see it.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  5:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you guys dress up in line like the characters from the movie? I remember seeing that last time round and it kinda freaked me out. Pretty funny story about the car though... I can't imagine doing anything like that.
-J

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  12:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was at LOTR, some people did some sort of skit. I think they might have been dressed as Dark Riders or something, I'm not sure. But it was kind of a Monty Python take on one of the scenes from LOTR. Nothing worth mentioning, but they did look silly outside the theater. It was kinda weird.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  08:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm bursting Jerry, BURSTING!

......ummmmmm.......ahem.....it's busting.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  09:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet to differ pcdmb. I don't have the script for that episode on my lap unfortunatly, but I definatly beleive I heard an 'r'. Besides being excited and bursting makes more sense then busting.

No I didn't dress up for Episode 1, I think it'd be funny to dress up for 2 but I don't think I'm gonna. If I were I'd definatly want to get that sexy princess leia slave girl costume for my girlfriend, and then I could be jabba and just wear brown and lay on a cart or something hehe. Unfortuantly I can't find anyplace that sells that costume and my girlfriend is in Wales for another month.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  3:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope! No 'r'!! C'mon Silky, back me up on this.

"My parents are moving to Florida! I'm busting! Jerry, I'm busting!!"

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  9:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man i'm just now watching phantom menace on tv now...what a great movie!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  9:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ehh, alot of the acting is bad in it. except for Samual L. Jackson, hes bad ass.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  11:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im a HUGE star wars fan, lol, ill be waiting the day
before it releases, like every other one ive seen, i have over
3,000 dollars worth of 77-84 collectibles, lol, im a fan, lol.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  12:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you a fan, lol?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  12:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fan? nah.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  03:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, this is NeverKillADreams' sister, I'm new to the board...anyway...Yea, he's a pretty big Star Wars freak, he's got some pretty cool collectables though. He's starting to get me interested in it...especially the Star Wars guitars.

Dark Clouds May Hang On Me Sometimes But I'll Work It Out.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  08:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I noticed your signature at EXACTLY the time Dave said it to me on the radio. How weird is that?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  10:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dig the disgustipated refrence in your name, Tool RULES!

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  10:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why Thank You

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  11:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
finaly, a chick here who likes tool.

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  11:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed i have raised my sister well.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  12:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, the boy actor in phantom menace sucks, and jar jar binx is annoying as hell, but other than that...

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  1:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evergreen said:
quote:
Blast a little Tool during the ride...wouldn't that be the shit?

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=430

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  1:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey St Jude, what was that you said???????

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  3:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really wish Liam Neeson's character wasn't killed in the last one... he was awesome. Anyone know if Jar Jar is going to be in this new one?
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  4:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I read an interview with Lucas in Time that he didn't alter the script for this movie even after he heard how badly everyone hated JarJar.

It just so happens, that Jar Jar plays a much less prominent role in this one (I heard that from Time, too.)

So yes he's in it, but not as much.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Finally aNOTHER chick here who likes tool.

Sorry egreen, my bad.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  5:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't mind him all THAT much in the first one.
-J

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  5:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yea jar jar was kinda annoying, but i can deal with it, i love Star Wars, and anything LucasFilm has ever did, Indiana Jones & American Graphiti.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000