Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Off to see Medeski Martin & Wood
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  7:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm leaving to see them in about 2 hours. Hopefully I can get my camera in there. I'll be sure to post how it was tomorrow, or maybe late tonight. PEACE

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  8:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lucky dog. i herd some of there music @ jay's house. 'twas prety cool

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  8:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HEARD some of thier music AT Jay's house. Twas PRETTY cool.

Yeah, They are awesome! I agree with Mikey here...remember that long spiel aboot my English teacher??? He intoduced me to them, plus SCI!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  06:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin? How was the show? I hope nothing bad happened to him.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  3:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAY JUST CALLED ME MIKEY!!!!!!!! MAKE HIM STOP!!! MAKE HIM STOP!!!!! I HATE THAT!!!!!!

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  7:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mikey Mikey Mikey!!

I shall never stop!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  04:19:24 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yikes, sorry for the delay in posting, but basically I suffer from the same symptoms as Jon Soldo: Work + School + girlfriend = no free time.

As far as the concert went, well from a musical standpoint, it rocked BIGTIME!!!!! These guys ROCK live. and they played for 3 hours. The only bummer is that I couldn't take pictures. The venue wouldnt let me so I talked to their tour manager and he wouldnt let me either! (He's was no Fluffy, thats for sure) Also the venue was The House of Blues in Downtown Disney so parking was expensive. All in all though it was a kickass concert.

Now I'm looking forward to the Chris Whitley Show and then whatever dates TR plays in Southern CA!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  05:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow Kevin sounds like a great show. Thanx for the compliment!! I know how you feel about those HOB guys. They wouldn't hardly even let me take pictures when TR played at HOB in Boston. I took quite a few anyway, but if you notice on the photos page for the HOB show the photographer is listed as anonymous. I didn't want them to get pissed at me for sneaking pictures. HEHE Strangely, when I went back there with Chris Whitley they weren't so aggro about it. I got some really good ones of CW that night. Have fun at the CW show. Wish I could go with ya. I always love a CW show, almost as much as a TR show. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  05:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Capt P wrote:
quote:
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAY JUST CALLED ME MIKEY!!!!!!!! MAKE HIM STOP!!! MAKE HIM STOP!!!!! I HATE THAT!!!!!!

Lets get Mikey!!

Yeah!

He won't eat it, he hates everything!

He likes it!!

HEY MIKEY!!!

If you look really closely at the yellow road case TR carries it has a blue sticker on it that says "HEY MIKEY". The case used to be mine and my last roommate was named Mikee. So I had it on there cause he hated that commercial as much as you hate being called Mikey. If you are not sure of the case I speak, there WILL be pictures of it when JS gets around to posting them. You should be able to see the sticker in the picture.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  12:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You think I'll be able to shoot at the HoB show in Hollywood? I'm pretty sure the Coach House's policy is that it's OK as long as the performer is OK with it.

While we are on the topic... which setting do you most commonly use on your Mavica? I like the pictures that I take with the night and night plus programs (the ones with the moon icons) Which program do you usually use during concerts?

Thanks
KL

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  07:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, it really depends on the lighting on any given nite. But as you can tell from my abstracts, I am a big fan of the nite settings. I hate flash! FLASH bad! If you look thru my photos you will see very very few where a flash is used. Occasionally on the nite setting for special effect I will use the flash. That creates an effect where the motion blurs while the shudder is open and when the flash goes off it freezes an image on top of the blurred image. Pretty kewl, I think. As for the HOB, we will just have to wait and see. I remember last time at the Coach House they let people take pictures and video. So unless their policy has changed I bet it will be OK because it will be OK with us. I would check with them to make sure.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  12:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a concert on Trio of them playing once. Amazing bass playing by chris wood, he was really funky and improvisional on both electric and upright bass. The drummer was tightly locked in the groove, and the keyboard/pianos were amazing! great group!

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000