2000 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  8:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome foolio.

Welcome aBOARD.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  8:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry My Bad Side, but with all the stuff going on.......welcome aBOARD!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  9:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe welcome foolio...
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  11:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've nothing to post really.

Ok, how bout this. Anyone here willing to trade Light Up Ahead for Petroglyph (shn)? I have LUA, but can't get P cause my puter's so slow and because of connection issues.

So if someone's willing to either B&P Petroglyph for me or trade for LUA, please post away, right here.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  11:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I'll post a question while I'm here.

Can a radio be out of tune? I mean the whole radio, not just the track or album you're listening to. Cause sometimes I'm listening to some good music, and I'll try to play along like the song goes, but the radio will be a half to a whole step off my guitar, which is more or less in tune. Just curious. I'll be glad to clarify those questions if they don't make sense.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  11:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some bands, especially bands like Sevendust or Disturbed, will tune down quite a bit, with the low E at like C# or even use a baritone guitar with the lowest string at B or even A (thats A an octave below your A string on your standard tuned guitar).

Some bands tune down a half step Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb, while some artists and bands use capos making the guitar sound a half step, whole step 1 1/2 steps, etc... higher than standard.

Sorry if you already knew this and I'm talking to you like I think you're a moron, because I honestly don't.

And BTW welcome to the boards!!!!

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  11:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to think that too....for Collective Soul, because for their album Dosage, ever song is tuned down half a step......and it used to get me confused because all their other songs that I knew weren't (December, World I Know, Shine....i think)

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah what kind of dumb bastards would tune down half a step?!

They should all just play like SRV.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it has to do with the singer. Some people sing better when everything's tuned down half a step.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  01:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I alread am aware of what you mentioned, GuitarGuy. I know about all those tunings and whatnot. I think I mentally ruled out those possibilities. I believe it is almost certianly not a matter of the performers. They play the song in different keys, sure, but not too variant, and not too often.

Anyway, I just wondered about the radio thing. It sounds kinda unlikely to me that radios can go out of tune. But that's what I'm holding out for.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WELCOME to the pod!! Liz

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MBS... not to state the obvious, but are you positive that you are in tune when the radio seems off? I know I've heard of speakers not being able to pronounce some of the lower frequencies in music, but never heard of them reproducing the sounds out of the original key. I dunno... maybe the circuitry on your radio is off?
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  8:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't believe that the circuitry is off. Maybe. The radio's about 5 or so (years).

I guess I've more or less decided that it's just that the performers chose a different tuning that night or something. I don't know. It's no big deal, in any event. I really just wanted to know if radios could go out of tune. And now, in retrospect, I see that that's a pretty silly idea.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  9:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, there's no such thing as stupid questions... only stupid people. :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  04:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WE ARE THE POD PEOPLE!!!! Welcome aBOARD foolio!!! Sorry MyBadSide, my bad side was showing there(as if I have a good side HEHE)for a minute and in the tumultuousness(is that even a word, I think not) of the moment we missed your welcome. I apologize and don't take it personally! Glad to have you here!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

tumultuousness(is that even a word, I think not)

Hahahahaahaah!!!! I don't know why, but that was really funny!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  07:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Even funnier? It seems it IS a real word. Check last entry:

Main Entry: tu·mul·tu·ous
Pronunciation: tu-'m&l-ch&-w&s, tyu-, t&-, -ch&s; -'m&lch-w&s
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1548
1 : marked by tumult
2 : tending or disposed to cause or incite a tumult
3 : marked by violent or overwhelming turbulence or upheaval
- tu·mul·tu·ous·ly adverb
- tu·mul·tu·ous·ness noun

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  08:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, thanks for the welcome, everyone. Even Fluffy.

MWAahhhahhha..

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  09:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's that supposed to mean?!! HUH?!!

j/k

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  11:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smack!

Who's my bitch?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  3:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was BEYOCH? BEYOCH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  8:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2002 :  08:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You are pretty tricky to keep your post count 666. What's your point? And I don't mean those little horns on your devilish cranium!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2002 :  09:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Black Magic, Woman..

Haha...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Liz if you edit a post it does not change your post count. That is how MBS is posting and keeping it at 666. Geez I can't even imagine what my post count would be if editing posts counted toward your total.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Two.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've edited a few myself! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would NEVER do that. That's deplorable.

LizK, I'm ashamed.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Remind me not to tell you the worst thing I've ever done. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  11:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok... what's the worst thing you've ever done? Out with it.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  11:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll bet it's not as bad as some stuff I've done........

hehehe....

My bad, yours is probably worse LizK, you're older.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  08:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny the age issue is brought up. I wish I had the wisdom I have now when I was your age. I'm sure I would have done things a lot differently. There are many days I wish I could turn back the clock and not do some of the really stupid shit I've gotten myself into. All I can say is that my kids can't pull any fast ones on me because I've been there and done that! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I always thought it was funny how kids think parents are so dumb. They seem to forget parents were kids once and have done or tried alot of the things kids try and get away with. HEHE They deserve to get caught. We were young once, we remember our youth and the trouble we got into and mistakes we made. WE are the wiser for it. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  10:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap! Fluffy's made a double post!!!!!!! Quick! Quick!! Someone get the video camera!!!!!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  07:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What could you possibly be talking about? I would never make a mistake like that. That is a rookie mistake. (snicker snicker snicker)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  03:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

(snicker snicker snicker)

That's a lot of candy.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  05:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eye CANDY, to distract you from my faux pas. Eat up, go ahead!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  9:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't mind if I do!!!!!!!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000