2128 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  1:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~bnh/lotr/lotrstory00-00.html

funny as hell!

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
good lord, some pepole.... sheesh.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  4:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i know, there's so many loser websites like that cropping up...sad actually

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  8:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I have to say is that it is just a book. Geez! This person must have waaaaaaayyyy too much TIMe on his hands.....just look at this!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  8:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reminds me of a funny joke I said today. This morning I sat with my friends and saw these big nerds making sounds effects, my friend thought it was hilarious. I said,

"Those guys will probably never experince the pleasure of a woman..........oh wait, maybe they can just role-play one!!!!!!"

Criket noises followed by a cough......

"Whoa, tuff crowd, ahem*.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  8:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone notice on the site when this guy started making the Lego LOTR? I'm wondering if it was before the movie. If so, then that guy is a diehard fan. Otherwise, he's just a vicTIM.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  9:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

vicTIM.

Holy crap! There's one I never thought of!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a plethora of things of which you haven't thought.

A veritable cornucopia, if you will.

Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so so sad....

"Seems like people are the viruses
And earth is simply tired of us"-311-.
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, it's not sad, it's great.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My computer guy who fixes and walks me thru all my computer dilemmas told me he will be working on the new LOTR online game. He will be in charge of tech support. His company just got the contract. They are giving them 1 1/2 years to get it up and running. They would like to have it out by the release of the 3rd movie. He says he is gonna be super bizi cause it usually takes about 2 1/2 years to get a game up and running. Whoa, again I really don't understand how all that works but he is excited and it sounds pretty kewl. He has worked on may numerous other games. I don't remember the name right now but I will find out and post them here.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Will the marketing ever stop?!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Despie the fact that the game is just another marketing ploy, a game for lord of the rings would sound actually pretty decent. I don't know of course how many other people play computer games, but i don't know, it sounds good to me.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have anything against computer games, but I just never play them. I'm too used to the systems (PS1, nintendo, etc) to be able to get used to that kind of game. Plus, I'm not sure my computer would be glad to handle all that memory.

But it probably would be cool, right. I'll play it when it comes out for PS1. Ha.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, i never ended up getting any gaming systems past sega genesis and nes nintento. pretty sad, but i guess that's how i got into computer games.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  6:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, my favorite game is still on regular Nintendo, and then I like one game on Playstation one, so that's about it for me. I haven't even played a PS2 yet.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  6:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing worthwhile that I played on a PS2 was Twisted Metal Black. That games just a little disturbing, just a little.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  6:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever play Tony Hawk Pro Skater III on there? I'll bet its a blast.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just bought the new Bond for Gamecube... way too much fun.
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bond for N64 was good too. 4 player, killing each other. Man, that's as good as triacetone-triphosphate and some metal tubes strapped to my chest.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, Bond for the N64. But how could you forget about Perfect Dark? The muliplayer is the best, you and three other people with about 15 "bots" to fight againts.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never played it. I always have the nasty habit of only playing games I buy. And I don't buy games that I haven't played, so that makes for a pretty monogomous relationship with games. But that's ok. I played THPS2 for three months straight. I'm not even sure I blinked.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah the new one is just like the one for 64 only updated so I'd have to give it the nod. You can also put bots in this one so it's a ton of fun to play with friends.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  8:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Especially when you unlock all the bots and you play in the Matrix style level. Ah, good times.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  8:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've played tony hawk, and the bond one. very fun games!! ADDICTIVE AS SHIT!!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  9:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only played Tony Hawk 3 on an original playstation, and it was without a damn dual shock. My fingers got all blistered afterwards.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  10:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does THPS3 work well with the PSOne? I might get it if it does.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  10:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's pretty good, yeah. But if you've played the PS2 version first, then go and play it for the PSONE, the graphics are UGLY. Terrible, god-awful. True, there diffrent systems, but jeeze.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah the new one is just like the one for 64 only updated so I'd have to give it the nod. You can also put bots in this one so it's a ton of fun to play with friends.

You piece of shit. You got to play the new Bond and I didn't? God I love that game.....but Perfect Dark is much better. You know my friends just started to play Bond for N64, and they are addicted. They let me play once, and let's just say that I'm not allowed to play anymore with them. They got so pissed at me that they played teams (3 vs.1....me) with grenade launchers in the Temple. I was only allowed to use handguns, and I could only play with my left hand.......needless to say, I still won.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  3:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You piece of shit. You got to play the new Bond and I didn't? God I love that game.....but Perfect Dark is much better. You know my friends just started to play Bond for N64, and they are addicted. They let me play once, and let's just say that I'm not allowed to play anymore with them. They got so pissed at me that they played teams (3 vs.1....me) with grenade launchers in the Temple. I was only allowed to use handguns, and I could only play with my left hand.......needless to say, I still won.

Ha! My roommate and I are the same way... we can't get anyone to play us in the old bond because we are too good. We are getting pretty good at this new one too, and we keep dogging it with our other roommate so he'll get into it... otherwise he'd quit right away just like with the old one. It's funny, we're just flailing around and keeping the score exactly where we want to to let him think he can win. If you like the old one that much, you have to get a gamecube and get the new game. It kicks much ass.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  5:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Will do Silky! But first I have to get a violin, then an electric guitar (any suggestions?....but I'm not gonna buy one for a while due to lack of money), then a PS2 so I can play FFX, and then I'm get the gamecube.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  7:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
then an electric guitar (any suggestions?....

As far as I'm concerned there are only 4 electric guitars. SRV edition Stratocaster, Black Les Paul Custom, SG Gothic (or Angus Young edition if you must have it), PRS Singlecut in blue. All others must bow to the beauty which are those guitars.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  8:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i concur on the SRV stratocaster, my god does is play and sound good, i haven't tried any of the others out, but for the SRV alone, that's all you need!!!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  9:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  01:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silky, please link to an SRV Strat. If it looks like what I think, then I'm not sure I'm attracted to that particular guitar. I tend to not like Strats and Teles. For that matter, I don't like Les Pauls all that much. The Gothic LP isn't bad (I think someone on the other page had one of those. Not bad...)

I'm with you on the SGs. Those are just bad. The Gothic, the ... well, any SG. The double-neck...heck yeah!! Just bad guitars.

And I don't know what the PRS is.

Not that you asked me or anything. But I felt like commenting.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  01:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's Saint Jude with the Gothic LP.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  02:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here they are:

SRV Strat

LP Custom

SG Gothic

PRS Singlecut

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  03:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those look very nice! Over the summer, I'm just gonna go to a Guitar Center and play electrics all day.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000