New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Superglue528
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  4:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love this game. last friday jay and i played this and had a ggrand ol' TIMe. it lasted from 11 tilll aboot 4:30. i won by roughly $19,000
but it was soooo fun. jay was a reall good sport aboot gettin' beat. thanx man.

life is just a big spinning vortex with no answers.....somtines you just can't help but feel....trapped.

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  4:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monopoly, hell yes. That game kicks ass. I got the Star Wars version for my B-Day a long time ago, and played it all the time. . .but sometimes the people I played with would lose patience and quit, or I would lose by spending all my money on hotels and putting them in places were people NEVER seemed to land!

Go to Top of Page

Superglue528
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  4:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i know what u mean. out og around 200 games i've lost on;ly 2 TIMes. people usually quit and don't finish the whole game. i got the star was version too along with the mileinum edition and the original and the handheld game. hey what can i say monopoly is my life.

life is just a big spinning vortex with no answers.....somtines you just can't help but feel....trapped.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  4:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well SuperGlue, and tips? I spend all my money to quick ,then have nothing left to go back on.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  5:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, I forgot, I played one for the Super Nintendo. It was the best. The dog would run around and the car would have squeeling, smokeing tires. It was cool as hell. Then again, I would go broke and lose, sigh*

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  5:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm telling you, he's an alien...the TR of Monopoly. It's amazing, he will beat anyone

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  6:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am going on vacation mid-march for a week and am looking forward to much game playing. Monopoly is one of my faves. I have the X-men version of Monopoly. Pretty kewl! It was a gift from Frank and Mags for Xmas. I am taking my vacation with them and our bass player Chris "Watty" Watt and his wife. Everyone is way into games so I am sure there will be lots of Monopoly, Pictionary, Trival Pursuit and Scrabble. I haven't played it in along time, but as a kid I loved Yatzee and LIFE. As I got older and got into REAL life, LIFE(the game) did not hold the same appeal for me. I also love RISK and BATTLESHIP.(You sank my battleship!) I also have a SPAWN game, but I have never played it. I don't even know what the object of the game is. I just got it because it was SPAWN and I was collecting all things SPAWN at the time. Silly me!! What was I thinking?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My personal favorites that are fun to play with adults are Balderdash and Scattegories. If you get a few goofy people in on games like those they can definitely be some funny times.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  7:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was collecting all things SPAWN at the time

Hell yes Fluffy. Spawn is awesome. The animated shows were cool as hell, and not to forget the movie. I mean, come on, when he was riding on that bike and his cape hardened and made a protective shell. How bad ass was that!?

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay.
-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  8:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I might sound old-fashioned, but I love to play chess. Great game! The best is when you play someone at your own skill level. But at my age, it's very hard to find friends who enjoy chess.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  8:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
very true. IT is hard to find someone that likes to plass chess...and once you do, they are better than you. All my friends like to play, but my skills as a stratigest (however it's spelled) are at a level .01, so i suck.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  8:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
exactly! That's why you need to find a computer game or something.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  11:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think chess is cool, but on a scale of this |-| to this |-----|, I'm about a this ||. I don't play at all. Are there any good computer games that you can get (download or whatever) that you can play on?

I've never finished one game of Monopoly in my LIFE. And I've only even started maybe three, the whole time. I just never got around that game, for some reason. But that's ok with me. I like things like Pictionary and Chicken Feet domino's (Or Mexican Hat dominos). Those kinds of things.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  06:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
JENGA, now that is alot of fun. You can even play it by yourself, much like masturbation, only without the orgasm.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  06:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So what's the point?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  09:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I guess you're right. I see your point.(it's right there on the top of your head) I guess next time I will choose to go masturbate to orgasm instead of playing Jenga.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  2:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jenga would be considerably more difficult if you played it while masturbating.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  9:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pictonary. Thats probably one of the funnest games in the world played with friends or family. Battle ship is great too (I had a Star Wars game that played just like an electronic version of Battle Ship. It had flashing lights and some bitching sound effects)

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  9:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, a little editing fixed that.

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  11:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Werd.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  11:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky said:
quote:
Jenga would be considerably more difficult if you played it while masturbating.

...and Jenga would be even more difficult if you tried to play it using your dick.

by the way, I mentioned Pictionary as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  11:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, wait, HGT mentioned Pictonary, not Pictionary. So maybe that's a different game, huh Fluffy? Maybe HGT is onto something new and exciting.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2002 :  11:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe that is the hispanic version, we will definitely have to check it out. Although my spanish is atrocious. Hopefully since it is all pictures I won't have to worry about spanish words. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  4:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn, my typo. Thankfully, people are here to point and laugh.

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  5:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ever notice that the word "monopoly" is really two opposite prefixes put together?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Superglue528
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  5:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any of you eber play the monopoly JR game for computer? oh god its funny as hell. you go aroung in these little cars(and the music plays, bum,bum,bum,bum,)ne way all of the prises are like 3 bucks. theres also little games in there too. i still creamed the computer though.

(i like that jay,the TR of monopoly.)

Go to Top of Page

Superglue528
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  5:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
side notes for monopoly

someone once asked me what would i fall back on. i told them well i'm never gonna fall.

did u guys know that they sell little tins of mints with monopoly writtin on them? their like an altoids tin and when your done with the mints the directions say and i quote "use to store bussiness cards in. wild huh?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  6:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ever notice that the word "monopoly" is really two opposite prefixes put together?

Nope, but it's interesting. It's pseudoreal, in my opinion.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  10:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had never noticed that myself and found it quite interesting, so I decided to do a little investigating. I have decided to share my findings with all of you.(or at least those concerned or interested) It seems that the word Monopoly is derived from one latin word(4th line down)as opposed to being a word created by joining the prefix MONO and the prefix POLY. I have also included the definitions for mono and poly. As you can see, neither definition would indicate that the 2 words were joined together to form monopoly. It just so happens that these 2 syllables coincidentally have matching words used as prefixes. Good eye, Silky! I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I just love learnin' stuff.

Main Entry: mo·nop·o·ly
Pronunciation: m&-'nä-p(&-)lE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -lies
Etymology: Latin monopolium, from Greek monopOlion, from mon- + pOlein to sell
Date: 1534
1 : exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action
2 : exclusive possession or control
3 : a commodity controlled by one party
4 : one that has a monopoly

Main Entry: [1]mono
Pronunciation: 'mä-(")nO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural mon·os
Etymology: [2]mono
Date: 1959
: monophonic reproduction

Main Entry: mon-
Variant(s): or mono-
Function: combining form
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French, from Latin, from Greek, from monos alone, single —more at MONK
1 : one : single : alone
2 a : containing one (usually specified) atom, radical, or group b : monomolecular

Main Entry: poly-
Function: combining form
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin, from Greek, from polys; akin to Old High German filu many, Sanskrit puru, Latin plenus full —more at FULL
1 : many : several : much : MULTI-
2 a : containing an indefinite number more than one of a (specified) substance b : polymeric : polymer of a (specified) monomer

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Superglue528
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  5:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fluffy, the boards dictionary.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  5:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GODDAMMIT MIKE LET IT DIE! Okay that was outa hand truth is i don't care if it turns into another new to posting on the board thread.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  12:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if yall are all into monopoly this much, you should definately check out the new computer game, Monopoly Tycoon. it self proclaimed to be "the worlds first competitive sim." don't know how true that really is, but it's a cool game none the less. i suggest you check it out. used to be able to get it of Morpheus, but since they redesigned, not as many people have signed back up, and therefore it's not as readily available. nonetheless, check it out.

later

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  3:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sounds cool!

Jay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000