Computer Geeks ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  11:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
IF you know how to write code in Microsoft .NET you HAVE to check this game out ... http://www.gotdotnet.com/terrarium

I plan on dominating this shit! Wish me luck ;)

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  12:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sounds very cool... wish I knew how to write the proper code.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  12:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya, that is cool. Sounds kinda like Pokemon meets Computer Geek meets that game they play in some book...maybe Foundation or one of the Ender's Series books....hell, I can't remember.

And Silky, I don't even know what proper code is, so if you can write ANY, then I 'magine you're better off than lots of people. Cause writing code comes in so handy all the time. In the real world.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  1:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the great thing about the game though, you can use any coding standard in .NET ... C++, C# or VB. If you know any of those, then you're set.

Besides, a lot of the example code can lay it all out for you. Only problem is, you need Visual Studio .NET which is REALLY freaking expensive.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  4:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the only code i learned was basic, i loved writing calculator games back in h/s. i was the shit at that... but sadly they batteries died on me... and my month of coading was lost. :-(

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  9:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

comes in so handy

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  11:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahhaahaha, i love puns.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2002 :  10:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I need help, can one of you computer geeks tell me why I lost the sound in my comp? I can't figure it out......

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2002 :  10:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, start by turning on your speakers...

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2002 :  11:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you think I'm stupid?????? I did that and the system is not on mute...

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  09:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do you think I'm stupid?????? I did that and the system is not on mute...

Are they plugged securely into the back of the computer? The connection may have come loose. ALso, double click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and check to see if your WAV sound is muted.

If all else fails, kick the computer repeatedly, swear at it, reboot it 17 times and that should work.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If all else fails... get thet biggest and most powerful magnet you can find and stick it inside your computer... that should set it right.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Upon further reflection... I feel the need to make sure that for anyone that might actually be a real-life bona-fide computer idiot that the whole magnet thing would actually ruin just about any piece of electronics. Ok I feel better now.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2002 :  02:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your suggestions Dave....I already checked all the connections and properties. I think the sound system went bad. The light on the right speaker keeps going out, and I finally got pissed and hit the thing. It still didn't work, LOL but I felt better...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000