Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Run, Lola, Run
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  04:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What are some thoughts/opinions of this film. I heard great things about it, but I didnt really care for it.

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  09:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw it a few weeks ago, ran right out and bought it on DVD. I loved it, lots of fresh creative elements. I love the whole theme of how slight differences can completely change the rest of your life. On top of that it moves at a nice pace, some good thumpin' techno music to get yoru blood flowing, my only problem with it was when I tried to watch it with english voiced dubbed over. That makes the movie a lot cheesier then it has to be, seriously everyone should watch it in German with subtitles.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking exactly the same thing that you mentioned... the idea of how not only one person can completely change, but that person being a split second off can do something completely differently.

However I did watch the DVD with the english audio so maybe that took away from some of it.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  2:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That movie is one of the best i have ever seen. There is soo much hidden messages in the camera work and the set design that it is unreal. It's all about time/life being in a spiril (sp?) and being able to go back and play the game/life again.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2002 :  11:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry aboot bringing this dead thread back to the top....but my friend send it to me today over IM and I just finished watching it. All I have to say is that that's a great movie. Not the best one I've ever seen (Shawshank Redemption), but it's definitely up there. It's funny because it had Chinese subtitles above the English ones. Kind of confusing but I still enjoyed it.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2002 :  12:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This thread shall never die for it is a great movie.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2002 :  12:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
indeed, i love the flaming red hair

Temporaryism has been the black plague, and Jesus of our age -Incubus
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2002 :  04:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Although I found it strange that simply running into a person a little harder than before would make the person win the lottery.

Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  5:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the movie is quite interesting. Does anyone know if there's any revelance behind the conversation that woman is having on the phone after she's ask for some shampoo?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  5:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that's her mom.....and it sounds like she's a fortune teller. That's it, but maybe there's some symbolism or something, I dunno.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  5:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
her mom is 'telling' someones future as if it is something that is predeturmined.... but after she says all of that it is different every time... that is actually the only constant event between all 3. so shes telling the future while lolla changes it.

I think u will understand what i mean.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  6:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See?! Some more stupid symbolism!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  6:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tis not stupid...the symbolism in the movie is what makes it soo great.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  8:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*ahem*.....*sarcasm*

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  9:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*ahem* ..... o

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  9:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*ahem* .... my bad.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  9:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(tumbleweed bounces between the middle of Jude and pcbdmb)

.... i'll go now.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  9:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey....where'd you go?!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  10:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im somewhere where i dont know where i am.

Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

her mom is 'telling' someones future as if it is something that is predeturmined.... but after she says all of that it is different every time... that is actually the only constant event between all 3. so shes telling the future while lolla changes it.

I think u will understand what i mean.

that makes sense

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you see towels?! If you see towels, you're stuck in the linen closet again!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha... Homer cubed.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Do you see towels?! If you see towels, you're stuck in the linen closet again!

Let me check........... no.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  12:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn it you fool! You messed up the whole system!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  12:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
:-( what did i do :-(

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  12:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You were supposed to say "No. It's a place I've never been before"

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  12:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
o... im sorry... i havent seen that episode in a few years..... i will go now.... :-(

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  12:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I cast thee out!!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  01:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes sir....

(Saint jude turns and starts his long and lonesum walk twords the setting sun to return back from where he came.... 50 feet over there)

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  10:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmmmm.... erotic cakes.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  10:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000