Vote for PURPLE!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  1:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I voted for "PURPLE", surprise surprise. You can go to the website, which I have included a link below, and send them an email with your vote. If you care!! I really don't since I don't eat M&M's but I would be kewl to have a purple one. Can't have to many purple things in the world. Then there would be purple and green M&M's. I might just have to start eating them. They say the green ones make you horny!!

M&M's Seeks Input on New Color

By AMY WESTFELDT
.c The Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. (Jan. 29) - Seven years after blue became part of its chocolate rainbow, the maker of M&M's wants the world to decide on a new color from choices the Easter bunny might like.

The maker of the multicolored chocolate candies will add either purple, pink or aqua M&M's to the mix by August, said Bob Gamgort, vice president and general manager of chocolate for Hackettstown-based Masterfoods USA.

The company's market research shows that these three colors are consumers' top choices to add to the red, green, blue, yellow, brown and orange candies already in the bags, Gamgort said. Purple was the second choice of 10 million Americans who voted to have blue replace tan in the candy box in 1995, he said.

Masterfoods said it was advertising in 78 countries and taking votes on its Web site to decide what the new color will be.

The site and a toll-free telephone number will take votes from March 6 to May 31, and the company will announce the winning color on June 19. The site will let consumers vote in 15 languages.

Gamgort said the new color will be available in all flavors of M&M's in August through the end of the year, when the company will decide whether to include it permanently. The company introduced the color blue in the same way in 1995.

The original colors of M&M's were red, yellow, green, brown, orange and violet when they were introduced in 1941. In 1949, the color tan replaced violet and blue replaced tan in 1995. This time, all the existing colors will remain, the company said.

AP-NY-01-29-02 0016EST

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press.

So far the voting stands at:

The maker of M&M's candies will add either purple, pink or aqua to the mix by August. What color would you pick?
Purple 89320 59%

Aqua 30801 20%

Pink 25593 17%

Other 3923 2%

Total votes: 149637

and YEAH!!!!! Purple is winning!!!!

http://www.mms.com/us/index.jsp

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  1:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to vote for purple as well simply because pink and aqua really suck. As long as it isn't some pastel purple I'm cool with it, if it is pastel, I refuse to vote.

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  2:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I put my vote in for PURPLE this morning!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  2:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, its a normal PURPLE. Not a pastel. I tried to link the pic from AOL, but AOL sucks that way. You can't save their pics. They look nice.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  2:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Latest update:

Purple 111435 59%

Aqua 38715 20%

Pink 32258 17%

Other 4934 2%

Total votes: 187342

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  3:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Woo Hoo! The other colors didn't have a chance!!

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  3:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much a landslide. I like peanut butter M&M's better though.

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  3:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The crispy ones are good too! I just bought some minis today.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  3:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Reeses pieces are the best, nothing compares to them. M&M's eat your heart out.

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000