Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Any of you suggest any good part time jobs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  10:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be turning 16 in Januaury, and the first thing to do. . .get a job to pay for my car! (that i'll hopefully get around there) I'm 15, and this past summer, I had a job working in a Bostwick Warehouse, a car audio building. My job was to check sub woofers, replace busted ones, write RA's, stuff like that. But I really want a good, part time job after school thats not going to kill me physically, and can leave me some time afterwards to study and do homework. HELP! These days and weeks are flying fast! I'll be 16 pretty damn quick!

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  11:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all I have to say is avoid working at supermarkets. that job sucked ass.

Right now, I 'm working at the Jesuit community. I get paid to sit at a desk to answer a phone that doesn't ring. I spend most of my time doing homework or going on the internet. Unless you're Catholic or go to a Catholic school, I don't think there's a job like it. Hopefully, you'll be able to find one.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  11:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i work at a supermarket. it blows. don't work at one if they're all like the one i work at.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2001 :  12:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I worked at a little caesars, and if you can find one in your area that not many people go to, you can work there, listen to tim and get your h/work done while still gettin all the work done. Plus u get free food.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

ryan28
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2001 :  12:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pizza delivery is a sweet job, you can make awesome money from tips plus you get all the pizza you want. A lot of places don't even make you use your own car, so you don't have to worry about wear and tear on your vehicle. Of course by the time you are finished working there, you may never want to see another pizza as long as you live...

Ryan

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2001 :  12:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try whoring out your body or selling drugs, i did each of those for a few summers and it paid pretty well, only it burns when i pee now... is that bad??

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2001 :  12:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A gigga-who?
-J

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2001 :  10:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try taking silky's advice and be a part time PIMP, that should pay pretty well

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  4:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I worked at a little caesars, and if you can find one in your area that not many people go to, you can work there, listen to tim and get your h/work done while still gettin all the work done. Plus u get free food.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau

Oh man I hated Little Caesars. I worked there through 3 years of high school and wound up being a co-manager at the store I worked at.

Our favorite past time was to put cases of beer in the walk in (free from the liquor store next door - of course, we gave them mad pizza) for when we closed. At 12PM, the front door was locked and we sat in the walk-in freezer and drank our heads off and smoked all kinds of pot. Then, at about 4AM we'd start cleaning the store :)

The next night ... do it all over again. Until we got busted and fired Now I'm a bit more responsible at where I work, heh.

-----------------------
Post Whore
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  4:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When i was 15.5 I worked at a Hardee's which was hell on earth, but looking back I did have some damn good times there. Ya just gotta make sure you work late with an irresponsible manager hehe.

I still say if you can type Data Entry is always the way to go. When I was 16 I was making $6.50 an hour typing for a collection agency... and that was a fuck of a lot for me at the time.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quality control and Tester for sex toys

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  7:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All those choices sound good. I'll see what happens, since my birthday is THIS FRIDAY!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  9:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You could always take the job that Bart thought aboot having in the future...quality control tester for drinks. I love the part where he tastes the soda, turns into a monster, and says its sweet.

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  10:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pimpin' hoes has its ups...
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EVERGREEN Said:
quote:
Quality control and Tester for sex toys
I'll test anything that vibrates!! How do I get a job like that?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  06:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, and the customer returns!! (IS THAT SICK?)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  2:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes...yes it is..

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  1:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I knew that it was, it was a rhetorical question!

Main Entry: rhe·tor·i·cal
Pronunciation: ri-'tor-i-k&l, -'tär-
Variant(s): also rhe.tor.ic /ri-'tor-ik, -'tär-/
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected
2 a : given to rhetoric : GRANDILOQUENT b : VERBAL
- rhe·tor·i·cal·ly /-i-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  03:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know what it means!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  04:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I just thought it might help some of the less informed. No reflection on you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  04:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh.....then that's good.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  5:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try and get me a job at Books-a-Million. Haha, it's going down hill ever since a Boarders moved in about half a mile away.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  9:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have always thought it would be cool to work at a book store...

My high school jobs were ice cream scooper at Swensen's and cashier at a drug store. They were both pretty good, but they paid minimum wage so I certainly didn't get rich off them...

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  11:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats cool terice. I'd be nice for me to go back working at the Bostwick warehouse again, but they just layed off like 5 people. And stuff there is going down hill, DAMN! It payed 7 an hour.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  12:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love working at bookstores. Music stores would be cool too. Either instruments or cds, doesn't matter. I love both books and cds. I would love to get a hefty discount at either store. I've only worked at a college bookstore, tho, so I've not sold anything but textbooks mostly to college assholes and byoches. But it's cool, anyway.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000