Show Reviews
 09/17/03 Pittsburgh, PA Hard Rock Cafe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  2:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone gonna be there on the 17th?

Cause I'll be there with bells on.

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  3:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as those bells don't interfere with Tim's playing.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  8:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course, I will be there.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  01:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool - Fluffy I'll definitely say hi.

Arthen - does that mean you're gonna be there or are you just smarting me off?

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  03:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just being clever. I wish I was lucky enough to see Tim this month, but I'm a west-coast guy.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

robbyrob
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  09:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Just logged on and getting ready for tonight's show.

Should be a great time, I actually bought the last 4 tickets available so it should be a full, rockin' crowd.

we're gonna get to the Hard Rock early and eat so if you (Fluffy) wanna join us yer more than welcome.

copy - paste - edit
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  12:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
robbyrob - are you gonna use them all or know where i can get anymore? i didn't get them ahead of time so i guess i'm SOL.
Go to Top of Page

robbyrob
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  6:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah I may have 2 available. I aam gonna AIM you. If you don't get it for some reason, reply to this post and I'll let you know if they're still available (they should be).

copy - paste - edit
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  06:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Bustoff, it was great meeting you tonite, wish it could have been longer, but it was nice to be able to put a face with the name. Oh and to robbyrob, I hope you made the show and dug it. One of you should post a review for everyone. I will give a little tidbit of info, TR closed the show with Neil Young Gold Rush/Ohio on the acoustic and then ended with an astounding version of Peter Gabriel's Red Rain on elecTRic. FANTASTIC!! and highly complemented by Mason amazing visuals for Red Rain, they were truly beautiful. Once again, thanx to everyone who came and made it another GREAT show and welcome aBOARD robbyrob!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  12:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
REVIEW.....

Man, what a great show. First I owe many thanks to robbyrob - man thanks so much for getting me tickets.

Fluffy - it was great to meet you! Me and my friend really enjoyed the chat about Zappa - by the way my friend wanted me to tell you that it was very cool to meet the man who indirectly changed the history of the Mothers Of Invention haha. I hope to make it to future shows to talk again in person.

Erich - Awesome to meet you too, man. It was great to be able to talk to you in person. I wish we coulda hung out longer.

First of all Kaki King was amazing....i've never seen anyone play like that before, she has such an original style. All of you guitar players like me would love it, she does super fast taps and hammer-ons, and slaps the guitar, and gets the most beautiful sounds. It's quite an enjoyable thing to watch. It's great to see someone from our generation with enough guts to try to make it on their musical ability rather than on their manufactured singing voice.

Then, as Peter Prince said at a show last year, came THE ASSAULT! Tim came out and flawlessly played some of his beautiful acoustic numbers, including Flourescence, Stranger in a STRAINED Land, Turn it Into Love (one of my favorites), Impermanance, Offspring, Do It Yourself, I believe Big Blast was in there too, and a few others that I didn't recognize, including one played along with the drum machine.

Then the electric stuff came, which to me, was the highlight. He played one of my favorite TR3 songs called From this World, off their first album i believe that I have on a 95' show. There was an awesome beat behind it and he used the Uni-Vibe which was awesome, and I think it's been awhile since he's used it. He played some of the awesome Chaos View songs including Backdoor (rocked the house), They're Coming Soon, Time To Go, Face Off (rocked the house even harder), and some other ones that I wasn't familiar with but were AMAZING. Then for the encore, to reiterate what Fluffy already said - Neil Young medley (Goldrush and Ohio), which was truly beautiful, just like the next one which was a new version of Red Rain (one of my favorite Gabriel songs), which had some of the most beautiful visual i've seen. I really felt the Red Rain splash me. hehe

Can't think much else to add, except that was my 3rd show and I hope to make it to many many more. It was great hanging with Fluffy, Erich, and the gang for a few. Hope to see you guys the next time round!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  1:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please tell me someone taped it.

I'm really jealous! Offspring and Impermanance are two of my favorite songs. And Backdoor and Time to Go! And then the Young Medley and Red Rain! You lucky SOBs!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  2:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen, I do believe Erich got the show on tape.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  2:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First off, let say that this sounded to be such an awesome friggin show, that I wish I could have seen. Red Rain is one of my absolute favorite songs

quote:
I do believe Erich got the show on tape.

Thank god for that. Erich, if you did indeed tape the show, I must hear it! Hopefully it will pop up on the FTP or on Archive.org or something soon. Thanks again for the reviews guys!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  3:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank God for Erich!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  05:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bustoff said
quote:
my friend wanted me to tell you that it was very cool to meet the man who indirectly changed the history of the Mothers Of Invention haha. I hope to make it to future shows to talk again in person.

LOL!! I never thought of it like that, KEWL!!!!! LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  6:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(posted by tr6743)
quote:
Posted - 09/20/2003 : 12:33:27 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, wow, that was a friggin awesome show. Kaki King was great too. If only I could play guitar like that. Oh well. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had the setlist for that show. If so that would be awesome if you could post it here. Thanks alot.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  6:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flourescence
Stranger
Radio Sonic Synthesis
(soul love)
Impermanance
Offspring
Big Blast

Do It Yourself
Turn It To Love

Dreaming

From This World
They're Cumming
BackDoor
Uncover The Reason
Indoctrinate
Industrial

Time To Go
Face-Off

Gold Rush/Ohio
Red Rain

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000