iPod?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  01:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was reading an article on Yahoo! about the iPod.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020111/tc/column_pluggedin_dc_2.html

Anybody tried one yet?

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  01:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have you seen the commercial for it? there's a guy just listening to music that he downloaded onto the iPod and he's dancing around his apartment. At the end, he goes out his front door and at the bottom of the screen it says in very, very small letters "Don't steal music". I thought it was hilarious.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  02:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to watch for that. I rarely watch commercials now that I have TiVo.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

IndianaJames
Is Anybody Here?

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  10:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Send IndianaJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My brother picked up an IPod for X-mas, and I thought it was cool as hell. You just plug the IPod into your FireWire slot and it will automatically transfer your MP3's onto its hard drive. You can then arrange your songs into different categories and paylists. I thought it was pretty damn cool and the sound quality was excellent. If you're in school, make sure to check out the apple.com site for educational discounts.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  10:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The ipod sounds awesome except for the price tag and the fact that it only runs with the Mac O/S. I think if Apple releases it for Windows as well they will have hit a home run. You can't beat the amount of storage that thing has. For right now though I just use my ipaq for that kind of stuff.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  5:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think if Apple releases it for Windows as well they will have hit a home run.

I highly doubt that would ever happen or Gates would ever allow that to happen. If someone's making money from computer stuff, Bill Gates would probably have a hand in it. So I'm guessing that if the iPods sell really well, Microsoft will make its own.

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000