www.antsmarching.org
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  4:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
anyone else check this site out? its supposedly the next big thing in the DMB community. its in actuality nothing special at all. The site is just vBulletin with a whole slew of whistles and bells that makes it not only very unfriendly to navigate, but quite unimpressive. To boot, the setlist database and the trading database are bothe faulty, as they run on said vbulletin *FORUM* softwear, not actualy being scripted or anything. The whole thing is just one big marketing failure, grotesquly overhyped and quite frankly sub-[ar to the likes of nancies.org and db.etree.org. The only good thing thats come out of it is the imeanse bandwidth problem thats most likely going to cause dmbml's forums (the last remaining source of activity at dmbml) to close their doors for good, and thats one less spiraling hellhole of festering crapulance in the dmb world that has to be dealt with. too bad that most of the folks from there migrated to ants. the servers that made dmbservers so popular are also going to be intergrated into ants, but unfortunatly that shining ray of hope for the site is burried under bad, yet strangely inovative, uses of vBulletins php templates.

god bless competative ignorance.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  6:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like this site because it isn't too crowded... it's nice not to have like 300 active topics every day, which makes it easy to pretty much keep up on every topic.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  6:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky, I must agree with you! This is a sweet place to visit!!
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  8:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"spiraling hellhole of festering crapulance" if you use phrases like this, you get my vote for supreme ruler of earth.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  11:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

spiraling hellhole of festering crapulance

That sounds vaguely familiar. Where is that from? The Simpsons? I'm not sure but it sounds like something Mr. Burns would say.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2002 :  10:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"now that smithers was gone, i was free to wallow in my own crapulance."- mr. burns.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2002 :  2:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes, crapulance was stolen from burnsy. but spiraling hellhole and festering just made the imagery so much more colourful.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  01:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well knew about the "crapulance"...but I've heard that phrase somewhere before.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000