Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Digital camera question...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  02:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, I know that Fluffy doesnt use a flash during his concert pics and they still com out clear. Do you prop he camera on somehing or does the Mavica just take them like that? (it is the Mavica 87 you have right?) I have an olympus d-460 and when I turn the flash off and take a pic it treats it as a slow shudder speed shot so if you move the camera in the slightest manner (which is impossible not to do with a handheld) the shot comes out blurry. I absolutely love the shots it takes when I do use a flash, they are amazingly clear, but I'd rather trade it in fo a camera that takes clear shots without a flash.

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  02:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That camera was ridiculously expensive, so it better take good pictures. Maybe he can control the shutter speed...

We got it at Best Buy if you want to go check them out. (As for the 87 part, I'm not sure. I just know it was about $700)

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  03:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
700 Yikes!!! Well that was about 2-3 years ago no?
They are going for around 350 new on ebay now. I asked the guy in Best Buy some questions last time I went but he was a moron. "uuuh well I'm not really sure"

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  03:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, now that the disc Mavicas are out, the floppy Mavicas should be way cheaper.

teri

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I asked the guy in Best Buy some questions last time I went but he was a moron. "uuuh well I'm not really sure"

Don't get mad at him. I worked at Ralph's for two months during the summer and whenever someone asked where the salad dressing was or where the dog food was, I just replied "I don't know...I'm new here." I loved the look on their faces (primarily because I hated the job).

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I can understand if he was new... but it was his section... he was the digital camera guy.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well then he's just an idiot.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do they sell Mavicas at Office Depot? They promise to have EXPERTS -- I've seen the commercial way too many times this week.

teri

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  05:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, For the record, I use a Sony Mavica MVC-FD85. I think the Sony Mavica series is the best digital camera out there. You can get any of them, they are all great. I wish I had gotten the next step up. If I new then what I know now, I would have definitely taken the financial leap. I think they have actually phased out the model I use but there other models are as good or better than mine. I JUST LOVE IT!!(In case you couldn't tell)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  11:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
According to MySimon.com, the model Fluffy has goes for as cheap as $400 these days. Sounds better than $700...

teri

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  12:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If I new then what I know now, I would have definitely taken the financial leap.

I'm soooo glad you didn't!

teri

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000