New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  01:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night, just sitting down with my guitar, listening to an old Dave and Tim tour.I heard "Diggin a Ditch" (the good version, not that crappy one on the Lilly White Sessions) And something clicked in my head. I asked my bro to find some tab on the song, and he did, seconds later I was plucking away. Soon, a strange, beautiful thing was happening. . .the sounds flowing from my guitar, my fingers moving quickly to hit the right strings, sliding down the neck of the guitar. It was a great time indeed, hahaha! I had learned the song! I slept a happy boy that night.

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  02:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
YAY for you!

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  02:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
now on to streem.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  02:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes definitely put a lot of time into Stream, it's what I usually play when people go "play something man" and afterwards they think i'm really good....then i tell them to go hear Tim play it, and they do, and then they think i'm really bad. so at least they think i'm really good for a little while.

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  11:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'd probably work my way up to stream by learning a few more easy songs first, but maybe your just crazy ambitious like that. If so more power to ya.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  4:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah if u play stream for DMB fans that dont listen to Tim, they will think you are god. It's pretty funny, i had the dd-5 loop part going and they didnt understand how i wasnt playing but sound was coming out.

But if u play it for Tim fans they think... probably nothing.

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  9:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's called knowing your audience...for DMB fans we play Stream, for TIM fans, we...well we STFU and let TIM play =D

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  02:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hehe...exactly.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Is Anybody Here?

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  10:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Sarah an AOL message  Reply with Quote
man i can't even tell you how long ive been working on that song.... i play it for people but it just depends on my concentration if it sounds right, people thing im good heh

Sarah Q
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  05:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I REALLY want to impress people I play "Come As You Are" by Nirvana. That intro riff just seems to be mindblowing to most folks... it really displays the full range of my skills on the guitar in just that one riff. I'd say there are only a handful of people on the planet that can handle that riff, Tim being on of them. I am so proud.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  09:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA Silky i'm the same way with the opening riff to "Smoke on the Water" hehe.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  11:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

When I REALLY want to impress people I play "Come As You Are" by Nirvana. That intro riff just seems to be mindblowing to most folks... it really displays the full range of my skills on the guitar in just that one riff. I'd say there are only a handful of people on the planet that can handle that riff, Tim being on of them. I am so proud.

I can't remember the riff...so...are you serious? Is it hard? I know that's probably stupid to ask, but I just don't know...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  12:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its Nirvana yes its a very very simple song, its like:

A - 0 0 2 2
E - 0 0 1 2 2 2 1 0 0 0

Yeah my first tab, now dont' grill me if its bad, because I don't have a guitar in my hand right now (isn't it funny how almost every tab says that hehe).

Oh btw Enthu I like the "Neverending Story" quote, good flix

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  12:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the record when I posted it the spacing got completely fucked up, I'm not seriously that retarted hehe.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  12:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jason: I'm picking up your sarcasm.
Jeff: Well I should hope so cus' I'm laying it on pretty thick.

Hehe it's about the simplest thing you could imagine.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  1:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nah, man, I don't know Nirvana's stuff well enough to say one way or the other. But you saying that Kurt could play something that good was surprising, so I thought you might be joking...

So I understand now.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  2:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm picking up your sarcasm.
Well I should hope so cus' I'm laying it on pretty thick

Tommy Boy in the house.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  5:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check it out Jason... I'm sure you'll recognize it as soon as you hear it... it's hella-easy.
-J

-------------------------------
---------0---0---------2-------
-0-0-1-2---2---2-2-1-0---0-0---

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: