New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  7:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've decided I can't go any longer without Gossip of the Neurons, so I'm going to order it as soon as I have some money.
But I figure if I'm ordering from Musictoday, I might as well get the much cheaper(than Amazon) Sanctuary at the same time to save the cost of two seperate orders. Is this a smart idea? Is Sanctuary worth the money?
I'm probably going to get it eventually anyway, but do I need it now?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  9:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course it's necessary! If you're even thinking about considering buying a TR CD, then you know that it is going to be in your possession sooner or later, so why not sooner rather than later.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  01:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sanctuary is a must have, it shows all sides of Tim's playing. ORDER IT!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  02:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Sanctuary is a must have.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice, I'll just need to wait a bit longer to get the money. The Canadian exchange is terrible right now!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2002 :  11:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jamie, it is a brilliant album and the one I recommend most when working the merch table, because you get so many sides of TR with this one. I really hope you like it. LMK what you think when you get it and get to listen to it a few times.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2002 :  6:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will do... I ordered last week so it'll be here soon enough.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  4:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, it's here, I can't believe it. 8 days for an estimated 2-4 weeks. Luckily(sort of), it's exam time so I got to stay home today and listen to my new Tim CDs.
I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the second Sanctuary disc. I'm now listening to it the second time through. I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm now very happy I made the order. The first disc is not exactly my type of music, but it's basically what I expected, so at least I'm not disappointed. There's still some good stuff on there. Maybe one day I'll come around.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  5:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya man, give that first disc a chance and some time and you'll probably end up like me...I like it just about as well as the second one now. I can totally dig the electric stuff thanks to that first disc. It is good, but I was like you and so I agree, it is harder to get into.

Peace and Keep the Faith

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  10:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad you like it Jamie! I love both TR's acoustic and electric stuff, but I still like disc 2 better. As EnthuTIMsiast stated, I bet the 1st disc will grow on you more with TIMe. The 2nd disc with the sitar-like soundz really rocks me. For a long time I actually thought TR was playing a sitar on that disc. Turns out he just had the guitar tuned some strange way and used a slide. Pretty amazing! But thats TIM!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000