DMB & Blackhawk Down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  3:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you're watching the Packers/Vikings game you might have just seen an ad for a new movie called Blackhawk Down. As they showed people repelling out of helicoptors and shooting at stuff, they played "The Space Between" in the background. Quite the dichotomy: love song and war.

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  3:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You want football references???? I just heard them play Tim's LiC watchtower solo on the Fox game while fading to a comercial... thats dope!!!

I saw the commercial you are talking about too, I'm not a big fan of that song but it made the comercial look pretty powerful.

Oh and since you guys like these obscure movie references... "dichotomy" add that to your list of words to look up tonight.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  4:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
At first glance, I'm stumped. I can't think of a single movie reference for dichotomy. Maybe one of our other movie buffs will come up with something.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  7:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW! I thougth this was going to be about how Dave sold out and put a song in a movie, but then I remembered that "Help Myself" was on the Scream 2 soundtrack. Basically, I just don't like that album and hate everyone that got into Dave through that piece of sh*t. That was kind of harsh...sorry. But I just think that it symbolises the dramatic change that they went through and made me get into Tim, so it can't be all bad.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  7:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dichotomy can also mean the phase of the moon or a planet where only half of the disc appears illuminated.

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  01:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*hint*

the word itself is not part of the moooovie quote, its the fact that it is a big word and is on the list of words to look up.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2002 :  2:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

WOW! I thougth this was going to be about how Dave sold out and put a song in a movie, but then I remembered that "Help Myself" was on the Scream 2 soundtrack. Basically, I just don't like that album and hate everyone that got into Dave through that piece of sh*t. That was kind of harsh...sorry. But I just think that it symbolises the dramatic change that they went through and made me get into Tim, so it can't be all bad.

By "that album" do you mean Scream 2, or Everyday?

I don't like either of them, Help Myself is a good song, but the version on the Scream 2 soundtrack blows. Dave even said himself that Scream 2 is a "crap soundtrack" and thats why they gave them Help Myself instead of Halloween, they liked halloween too much :)

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2002 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

By "that album" do you mean Scream 2, or Everyday?

Everyday. The only reason I like the Scream 2 album is because of the electric stuff that Tim does and because of Collective Soul's "She Said". But I still think that the version on Dosage was much better. That's why they put that version on their Greatest Hits album.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2002 :  6:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin, I'm still stumped.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  12:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
alrighty, noone guessed it, it is from the movie "Pay it Forward" with Kevin Spacy.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  12:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

alrighty, noone guessed it, it is from the movie "Pay it Forward" with Kevin Spacey.

Ohhhh! Very good one!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  10:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just so ya know Kevin, I haven't seen it yet. Came out while I was out on tour. I will try to not let you down again.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pay it Forward was a good movie.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  6:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't want to say how that movie ended, but I am glad it ended like it did. That was just good for me, for some sadistic reason...maybe I've said too much....

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  12:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here, I'll ruin it for everyone (i.e., Fluffy). Bruce Willis was actually a dead guy!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000