DD-5 settings....r/o
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Napes
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2001 :  3:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Napes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
During Dave and Tim tour. When tim does those slow swells at the beggining of most of his Lie in our graves, and Two step intro solos, what settings are close to what tim has on his dd-5. Also what else does he use effectswise? Thanks

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Marshall_Stacker
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2002 :  3:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's not only using a delay pedal, but he's usong a volume pedal to get the swells. I believe it is an Ernie Ball or a Morley.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2002 :  09:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know on the 99 D&T tour he used a Morley Wah/Volume pedal, which acts as a volume pedal when the wah is bypassed. As far as the DD5 setting for the swells, he uses (I think) mode 1, with F.back to about 12 o clock, and d.time set so the guitar sound actually sounds doubled. I'm not exactly sure where the dial is to be set for that, but if you mess with it, you can get it easily.

As far as the other delay stuff he does, I'm pretty sure he uses Mode 3, with F.Back set to 12 o clock, and D.Time set to between 12 o clock and Max. Because if you notice, his delay is NEVER in time with the music, as far as the tempo of the music goes. I've heard his delay be in time with the music before, but what I'm getting at is that he does not use the Tap Tempo feature of the DD5 with Dave, he uses the same delay time with all songs, instead of tapping in the tempo to a song before playing with delay.

He also uses the backwards mode, sometimes he sets the D.Time at min, plays something, and turns the knob over to max, to slow down the part and drop it an octave, with the F.Back at max.
He also plays things in backwards with F.Back at about 12 o clock, so it bleeds off and doesn't pile up and sound muddy.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000