12/28/07 The Jewish Mother Virginia Beach, VA TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davehead
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  10:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was anyone else there that night? I've seen Tim before but had never seen TR3 and I was blown away. Awesome show with my highlight probably being Tim playing Purple Rain with his teeth.

Does anyone know where I can find a setlist? The song before Purple Rain had some yodelling but I have no idea what is called (I don't know too much music from Tim I must admit, kinda new to this).

Peace.

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  10:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought Fluffy was going to that show, but since nothing was put on the board about it, I assumed it never took place. Very happy you could be there....sure wish I could have been! I want to hear them so bad I could scream! Thought about catching the C'ville & Roanoke shows, but I have a wedding to pay for this year and a health issue that isn't condusive to a long drive so I am praying that Patrick (dirtysloth)will review those shows for us. Maybe Mike (SOKO)will add some to the C'ville review too.

Sorry I can't help you out with a set list now, but I will see what I can do to get it.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  11:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Roughly(I think there may have been a few changes)

Natural Mystic(BMW)
Ohio(Neil Young)
Footprints(Wayne Shorter)
Indoctrinate
Skeleton
How Many More Times(Led Zep)
See You In Your Dreams
Caveman
Souls
Donkey Bong
Industrial Complex
Backdoor
Matte Kudasai(King Crimson)
Move On Ahead
All The Critics Love You In NY(Prince)
Hocus Pocus(Focus)
Purple Rain(Prince)
4 Stix(Led Zep)
Meaning To Tell You
Soul Sacrifice(Santana)
Slippin Into Darkness(War)

The "yodeling" song was Hocus Pocus which is a cover of a band called Focus.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  01:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where they the old lyrics for indoctrinate?

Glad to have ya aboard davehead. Sometimes people get touchy about dmb and dave here (pretty much because they want tim to be tim reynolds, not that guitar guy with dave) but not me. I got my dmb posters to the right and behind me . . . with john lennon, the beatles, floyd, and 1 tim poster as well.

and blah blah blah. Welcome .

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

davehead
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for the info Fluffy. You are the man! Hocus Pocus was so much fun, they had the place jumping.

Any word on if this show is recorded anywhere? When I was there I looked around for mic stands but didn't see any.

Ranting - thanks for the welcome. Yea I probably should have picked a different screen name. Don't worry I'm not one of those DMB freaks who will only see Tim as a "special guest". My brother-in-law actually took lessons from Tim back in the Charlottesville days. Tim is a god!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  1:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey davehead, To our knowledge the whole show was not recorded. There was a videographer there who captured parts of the show. You may want to contact him and see how much he got. Of course it's all on video. Here is a link to his YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/Vr6JasonMk4

He seems to have shot video at 2 performances and the following links are the ones he posted on YouTube from the JM performance:

Hocus Pocus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqbuxy0NpNM

Ohio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPWrSpHV8iY

Industrial Complex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDGIBTKHHNs

ENJOY!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000