New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2001 :  12:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, Just got through checking out the eight minute stream off of the FTP, holy cow! I love all the effects at the beginning but what song does he start off with! I have heard it before but can't remember the name! Also I love how he ends it with Something Nasty, it just sounds right.

Secondly... I was checking through the old setlists of the Spring 2001 tour and found a song that was particularly(spelling?) amusing. "Open the pod doors, HAL" I was wondering if anyone has this on MP3? if it is an improv called "open the pod doors, HAL" I need to hear it, I love 2001 Space Odyssey.

Also, Sorry theres a third, I love frogs of doom and little metal bugs. Tim is the greatest.

Keep tapin and tradin.

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2001 :  07:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just to quickly answer #2, thats most likely tims sence of humour coming into play when writing Open Up and Let It In. He does that a lot, like writing Big Blast Of Hot Ass

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2001 :  10:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn! I can't believe I didn't catch that. Well thanks Erich!

Keep tapin and tradin.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  04:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We just happened to be talking about 2001 at dinner that night while Tim was writing the setlist. Good eye Erich! Peace and Keep the Faith Fluffy

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  05:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So my question is this... Sometimes when Tim names something a little oddly on his setlist, it is probably just for fun. But sometimes when the name is different, it is because the song that was played was in fact different? And is the difference in title due to the difference in playing?

I guess those are simple questions.

-Jason-

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are all messed up.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  06:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, they are just for fun! Tim never really intended for anyone to see all the setlists. It was more for his own amusement. All the songs are different almost every night. Take it from me. They have their theme but a song can be 3 or 4 minutes one night and the 7 or 9 minutes the next. It is why i never get bored with Tim shows even after so many. It becomes fun to see if I can catch how the songs are different. The song titles on the setlists usually grow out of something we talked about that day in the van or something at dinner, which is when Tim usually writes the setlist. The setlist is really only there to keep Tim on track, as a reference tool. The goofy song titles are Tims way of having fun with it. A good sign of his great sense of humor. The strange titles he gives the improv pieces are just goofy things he is thinking about, or trying to make me and Rew laugh, and he puts those on there to clue him in where to go crazy. Kinda like following a recipe. He makes up his recipe for the nite and then off he goes. Hopefully when he is all done we have soup. Check out the setlist for State College PA. On the walls of the dressing room were all these lists of band names that had all been converted into ham names(Hamster Magnet, Dave Hamster Band, Nine Inch Hams, Marilyn Hamson) Tim got a kick out of it and voila, the ham setlist was born. Hope this helps you understand a little bit better the mind of the man. Peace and keep the Faith Fluffy

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  11:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Check out the setlist for State College PA. On the walls of the dressing room were all these lists of band names that had all been converted into ham names(Hamster Magnet, Dave Hamster Band, Nine Inch Hams, Marilyn Hamson) Tim got a kick out of it and voila, the ham setlist was born.

thats one of my faves, hehe

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  1:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's a heck of a set. Funny as hell is what it is.

And thanks Erich for linking to it. You just are right there with knowing what to do for us lazy people. Cause I woulnd't have looked it up on the setlist site.

Thanks

-Jason-

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are all messed up.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  4:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea Erich THANX!! wish I was more computer savy. Oh well you guys are, and I will let you guys take care of the technical stuff. Thanx again!

Peace & Keep the Faith Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  11:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to mention that setlist! I love all the ham songs!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000