Show Reviews
 11/12/07 Belly Up Tavern Solana Beach, CA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  1:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, I wish I would have taken a picture of the setlist, because I'm not going to be of much help otherwise... I'd have to say about 1/3 or 1/4 of the songs were brand new to me, never heard them, and for the first time I can remember, the show had more songs with lyrics than instrumental songs. Actually it was mostly these songs with lyrics that were new to me, although I also didn't recognize a few of the instrumental songs as well.

Of what I remember, Tim opened with an AMAZING acoustic instrumental version of In Your Eyes, Betrayal, and the song after Betrayal was a new one that I really like, and was amazing, I just can't remember the name of it. A few other familiar tunes like As Far As You Can See, which Ben was pleased to hear, Indoctrinate, Coco in the Wild, The Truth, Stream, and some more covers like Hotel Vast Horizon, Bang a Gong, etc... hopefully Fluffy can make much more sense of these songs when he posts the actual setlist.

The crowd was great. I was expecting a pretty small crowd on a Monday night after a 3 day weekend when everyone has to wake up early the next morning, but it was a fairly large crowd that was extremely quiet, attentive, and were won over with Tim's playing after a few minutes. I'd say almost the whole venue stayed until the very end as well. I got to meet and overhear quite a few first-time fans say how amazed they were with Tim's playing. You could tell the crowd was just blown away.

Now, as for pictures, I could post some that I took, but I wont. Why you ask??? Luckily enough I noticed a guy taking professional photos and got to meet him after the show and asked him to share his shots, so a HUGE thanks to Burt for taking and sharing these amazing pictures from last night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blo/sets/72157603135478211/

OK then, since I left the photos up to Burt, I'll instead contribute a first for myself, a video! My new camera takes some pretty nice video, so I recorded Coco in the Wild and just attempted to upload it to Youtube. Let's see if this works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CaRq8tq840

god
Kevin

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  2:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet review Kev. Unfortunately, it's looking like I won't make it to Santa Barbara tomorrow. I was hoping it would work out, but work and lack of funds are the driving forces in life. So, I want an even more comprehensive review for tomorrow's show!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  3:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wooo! I got a shout out in Kevin's review! Yep, pretty solid concert (but then again, they're all amazing, right?). Lots of songs I've never heard, and the In Your Eyes was absolutely incredible, along with the segue between AFAWCS and Stream. I was standing there the whole time repeating to myself... "oh man if this turns into Stream that would be the most incredible thing ever" and then it did. And it was the most incredible thing ever.

Can't wait for tonight!

Oh, and apparently if you see Tim make sure you ask him to tell you the loudest sound he's ever heard in his life.

Ben

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  3:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ben, I know I am annoying, but any chance of getting And Then They Were Free on piano? You'd make my winter...

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  3:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah! Why do I keep forgetting about this? You are not annoying. I will record it on Thursday. And it will be up Thursday night. And if it isn't I will do your laundry for a month.

Ben

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  6:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have one load a week, so that's a poor consolation. If you wanna do my dishes, though...right on.

Thanks man, can't wait to hear it. You do man.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  06:44:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, it's 3 hours and 45 minutes late, but here it is:

www.benpezzner.com/TR/AndThenTheyWereFree.mp3

Enjoy.

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000