Technique?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fratman
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  10:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there were any interviews with Tim where he discusses in detail: guitar technique, finger exercises, how and what he practices, etc? I have been playing for a year and a half and I would donate my testicles to science for some insight from Tim on how to become a better guitarist.

Thanks

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  12:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
o really... ive been looking for a spare testicle... never know when it might come in handy.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  01:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

o really... ive been looking for a spare testicle... never know when it might come in handy.

hmmmm..I see the pun in that statement.
But anyway, those testicles are mine. I'm gonna add them to my collection.

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  10:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a whole bunch of articles off this website. I know some of them discuss his guitar styles though none are in a whole lot of detail. I'm not gonna read through them all and find them for ya though.

Yeah Jude I bet that spare testicle would come in handy considering how often girls kick you in the crotch when you ask em' out WAHAHAHAH

I'm retarted

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  11:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yeah Jude I bet that spare testicle would come in handy considering how often girls kick you in the crotch when you ask em' out WAHAHAHAH

LOL

Dont worry Isaac... i can take the abuse. as long as the joke doesnt totaly suck i can handle it.

Peace

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  3:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know TR was interviewed a couple of times by one of those guitar player magazines. I have never read them so I don't know what they cover, but I bet some the guitar players on the board would know or have copies they would be willing to share. LMK if you can't find them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  9:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
During the '99 D&T tour, Tim and Dave were featured in both Acoustic Guitar Magazine and Guitar World: Acoustic. Neither article really delved into Tim's guitar prowess, skill, etc... or bothered to ask Tim just how he approaches guitar, finger exercises he uses, or tips on playing, etc...the articles focused more on that Dave Matthews guy and translating his songs from the DMB mix down to two acoustics. The only things pertaining to Tim, they went into his past a bit, his time with Secrets, his weekly gigs at Millers playing various instruments and styles. They mostly talked about how Tim and Dave work together and shit. Monk (daves ex guitar tech) had a small bit in one of the articles (i think the acoustic guitar mag one) about tims setup, saying it consisted of two D-35s, a DD5, morley wah/volume, countryman direct box, and a slide.

But like I said, little to nothing about Tim's actual guitar skill.

Adam

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  01:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the input Adam, I knew someone on the board would know. We are all working for the greater good!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000