New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  2:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...is hiring an office assistant, but they aren't paying enough! Dammit. If only it was a dollar more an hour. Anyone else a fan of the resophonics?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  2:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No way! That would be a killer job. My brother has a dobro and a National. A newer one. He also was able to play Chris Whitley's national a long time ago, I have a cool photo. I wrote a cool song the other day in dminor tunning on the dobro!
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  2:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$1/hr won't matter much...get the job...you can't pass it up...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  7:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I have to. Because with the pay and hours offered I'd make $600 dollars a month. My rent is $600 a month. I'd have to prostitute myself out or sell drugs to get the other $300 for food and other bills.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  9:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone here would look down on you if you became a man-whore.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  12:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Point being that it sounds like a cool job, and one that Arthen is interested in. I can't imagine $1/hr being the make-it or break-it factor. Assuming you work 40hrs/wk...it would only be (obviously) $40 less every week. I think working at National Guitars would be a really cool job...maybe even worth the sacrifice of the $1. I've taken lower-paying jobs because of other non-monetary benefits.

Personally, I feel that if you want a job, then you could likely do something in order to work around the $1 issue. I've been in some financially tight situations in my day, but never to where I couldn't do without $40/wk (well...maybe in college...).

Maybe Arthen's situation won't allow for it. Maybe it would. I was just trying to give what I thought might be helpful advice. I thought the point was pretty obvious.

It reminds me of some stories I heard where people were selling their houses, or quitting their jobs, because they couldn't afford gasoline anymore when it went up $0.50/gal. If you can't swing an extra $60/month then maybe you shouldn't have a house or a car in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  01:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ah ha. i quoted the wrong thing! i will edit this to reflect what i meant to say. sorry gnome.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  01:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I'd have to prostitute myself out[. . .]to get the other $300 for food and other bills.

point being?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  11:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

ah ha. i quoted the wrong thing! i will edit this to reflect what i meant to say. sorry gnome.

No problem dan. I guess I'll get rid of the voodoo doll that I had started working on...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000