Check out these 2 songs, damn you!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  8:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have posted once before about the Shins' 'Oh, Inverted World' album, which is spectacular IMHO, and as kind of a corollary to that, I suppose: Two of their B-sides, 'Sphagnum Esplanade' ["There are stanzas never meant to rhyme."] and 'Mild Child,' ["Because each of us is one of them: one blowing out, one breathing in."] are battling my brain senseless right now. Two incredible songs, really. There are a few other good ones amidst the cream of the crap, like 'Strange Powers' ["...under more stars than there are prostitutes in Thailand." (Magnetic Fields cover)], though the first 2 are particularly devastating.

You can prolly buy them on iTunes for 99c, but buy the fuckin' records if you like 'em.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  5:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I've downloaded the album from MP3sparks.com, so I'll have them on my iPod as I ride the train north tomorrow.

I couldn't find the other two songs. I'll keep an eye out for those...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  8:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I LOVE those songs. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  2:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Teri. At least someone here has taste. There is actually a torrent that includes early, rare, b-sides, live Shins stuff...it's 555MB.

Robin, we must be kindred spirits.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000