Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 HOLY CRAP! I POPPED A STRING ON MY GUITAR!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  6:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damnit! First time's that happened, haha, the (e). Just tunning. . .then, SNAP! Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Haha, my brother said, "you should've seen the look on your face!"

=Puerto Rico; great place, visit it sometime ^_^

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  6:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAH, you suck. I need a high E .. .011, got a spare?

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  6:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  6:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the high e? the only string that ever breaks for me is the g. Why is that? my guess is that it's the weakest. Oh yeah and one of the times was because I was tuning to play Name by the Goo Goo Dolls. What a bitch.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  9:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't really experiment too much with alternate tunings .. I just use standard E, dropped-d and I don't even know the note, but it's lower than drop D. Ah well, I suck anyways, it's all fer personal enjoyment

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  10:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think you're talking about drop C tuning.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  10:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I would've loved to have seen my face... Pure shock.
Better high E than anything else though.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  12:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i had one of my strings break/snap/pop a few times back that hit me in the left eye... i was screamin like a bitch after that one.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  01:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
whining like a little girl with a skinned knee.

no I'm only kidding. the g-string (I love that string) broke while I was playing with a capo. It scared the hell out of me. I nearly jumped out of my seat.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  11:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, those are funny. My brother nearly shit himself when he broke his first string (again, the (e))

=Puerto Rico;great place, visit it sometime ^_^

Go to Top of Page

BigJollyGiant
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  12:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahahahah, well, what can I say, shit happens.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  01:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the worst when you break a string tuning. Especially when you're tuning for the first time with a new set of strings. That's why I like those string companies that give you two high e's. It also sucks when you break a string while playing. I'll be goign ape shit, strumming like a mad man, then look down and see my g string flapping in the breeze (That last part just begs to be made fun of)

Speaking of drop tunings. I use drop C# a lot lately. C# A D G B E. I get some funky things with that.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  05:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've broken at least 5 bass strings while playing, and that includes the low E, but it's usually the G and D. One time I had to finish a jazz combo gig w/o my D string, it was freaky. The only feeling I can compare it to is when u lose a tooth and there's that empty space there. Freaky.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  5:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i remeber the first string i ever broke was the A. Strumming around and it broke, i was so frightend that i put the guitar down and didn't play it for two days.

Jay
Have you ever been eating pistachios, and you get a real rotten one? That is the nastiest tasting thing on this planet, let me tell you what..
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  5:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Talk about speaking Chinese, does anyone on this thread speak English?

What? OHHHHHHHH! They are guitar players, I get it. IT all makes sense now. It was also looking like pcbdmb's missing Chemistry Exam with all its formulas, numbers, equations, and letters. Still sounds like Chinese to me. Domo Oragato! Oh Shit, thats Japanese. DOAH!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  10:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey look! It's a Mr. Sparkle! It's a Mr. Sparkle! D-oh! that's also Japanese.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000