TR's in-house studio?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was just fishing through some interviews and read TR has an in-house studio. i was wondering if anyone knew by anychance what he is running in there? tried looking around in some more interviews but no prevail. suppose fluffy might bethe only one able to answer this

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  12:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
good quesiton, good question

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  2:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you watch extra footage on the Chaos View DVD, I think that's in Tim's studio.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  4:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought Fluffy had covered this question in another thread... I couldn't find it though. This is the closest I could come, but it's more about process than products.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5677&SearchTerms=home+studio

Sorry

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  11:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Protools, maybe?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now that I am with TR I will get more details from him. It is a very basic set-up, in fact, last TIMe we were in San Francisco we went shopping with TR for a couple of mics and a mixer he could use for recording himself in his studio. He was quite happy with the outcome for the acoustic stuff he has been working on. For the newer electric stuff he played for us on the drive out to the West Coast he said he has been using a very old, basic Tascam recorder. For the electric he has been recording the drum tracks using the "old faithful" drum machines and then overlaying bass, keyboard and of course guitar tracks. Stuff sounds great. Can't wait to see some of the encores on this run. Should be a wonderful treat. I will try to get more details from him about the specific equipment. As I mentioned in my other post, TR has a new Gibson Flying V that he absolutely loves. Sound, tone, everything! He says it's the best guitar he has every had. He also got one of the new Martin acoustic guitars that are made out of wood that Martin grew or something. You guys prolly know more about this guitar than I do. LOL He really loves that one as well. He says it sounds as nice as his vintage '64 Martin only it's brand new. Very warm. He didn't bring it along on this run but he thought about it, but wasn't sure about the pick-up he bought for it and how it would work on the road and of course his Aura isn't set up for the new Martin yet. I haven't seen him play it but I heard some of the stuff he had recorded with it and it's absolutely beautiful sounding. That's the new news, more details when I have them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm interested to learn more about the new Martin.

I'm totally confused on what it could be though...maybe their sustainable cherry wood guitars?? Or maybe the red birch guitar? Or maybe the amazon rosewood guitar? Hmmm...
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it this one?

Martin SWDGT Smartwood Dreadnought Acoutic Guitar

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  09:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would guess it's from the Martin Sustainable Wood guitars, and yes, they play like absolute fucking heaven.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  4:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait to hear the new material recorded!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000