Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 CW Candle Light Vigil
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  10:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopeful Rolling Waves and I just came up with a great idea I hope any Chris Whitley fans may want to do as well.

As you may or may not know November 20th is the one year anniversary of his passing. We will be having a candle light vigil at my house, playing CW songs on some dobros and just remembering the soul of Chris Whitley. If anyone is in the area of NJ please come join us at my house.

Just an idea, maybe others here can do it as well and we can share pictures. What do you think?

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  03:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It would be great if there was someway you could stream your playing online. I'd definately listen.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  4:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

Hopeful Rolling Waves and I just came up with a great idea I hope any Chris Whitley fans may want to do as well.

As you may or may not know November 20th is the one year anniversary of his passing. We will be having a candle light vigil at my house, playing CW songs on some dobros and just remembering the soul of Chris Whitley. If anyone is in the area of NJ please come join us at my house.

Just an idea, maybe others here can do it as well and we can share pictures. What do you think?

Hell yeah! I told my girlfriend about this and she was impressed by the dedication we all exhibit towards CW! I can't be there in person Dave, but I'll be on the opposite coast singing my heart out for CW here in California.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  9:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice...I'll be joining you in spirit, in one of his favorite places. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  12:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I light a candle and played as much Chris as I could during the first candle light vigil, and you'd better beleive I'll be doing the same again. You guys are awesome for doing this by the way.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  08:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HRW and I, huh? AHAHA

"Along fallen aisles, arsenal lanes,
the rebel reveals only love remains."

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  7:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok....ME and HRW....haha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000