USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  2:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.whatthebleep.com

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  6:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this sounds vastly interesting.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  7:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is like th 4th time it's been reccomended to me, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  6:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen it, nor do I necessarily give credit to critics' opinions, but I think it may have been EW that reviewed it and gave it a straight F.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  01:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saw it today. I thought it was going to be about quantum mechanics and string theory, but it wasn't. I thought it was mildly interesting until the last half-hour, when all the new age bs got to me.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  3:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

I haven't seen it, nor do I necessarily give credit to critics' opinions, but I think it may have been EW that reviewed it and gave it a straight F.

All the more reason to see it. I'll have to wait for DVD though; it's not playing in Germany (that I've noticed).

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Teri, let me know if you can't find it over there. I have a few advanced screener dvd copies that the distributors sent me that I could send your way.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  11:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That would be way cool! I e-mailed you my address already, right? Or should I re-send.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  12:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Teri, shoot it to me again, All I could find was your old CA address.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

notherenow
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  10:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Send notherenow an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This movie brings up questions in everyone that has seen it. The only problem is that it removes our individuality, and these days, that is what people really want to be definate. Being seperate from the rest seems to be the fad (at least in America) today, but what does that really do to man-kind? I don't think this is movie deals with things that we've not thought of before. I found it hit pretty close to home for me. From the stand-point of science, it's quite different, and from the point of spirituality, you can't define the sould anyway, but it's good that there is a defined point now, at least from a scientific point of view, where the two might be joined. There is a part in the movie where they point out that we are all our own individual, existing beside another person with the same individuality. Now how common thought is that? But thinking about the whole meaning of that is what the movie represents. I think that this is what the movie is trying to get across.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  05:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found this image on maddox's site and it made me think of the movie.

Now that I've had more time to think it over, and read up on the history of the crazy blonde lady that talks about erections (google Ramtha if you try to take any of the movie seriously), I'm placing this movie on par with the pretentious masturbation of stuff like The Celestine Prophecy. I hated this movie and I want my money back.

I also recently say Waking Life, after dirtysloth mentioned it. Same shit as this movie...kinda. People need to try to keep these ideas confined to books, because to put them on a silver screen requires a serious dumbing-down of the information.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  3:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I finally saw it and hated it too. I felt like I had been invited to join a cult after it was over...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  12:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I finally saw this movie. I liked it. It kind of hinted at some things I was already thinking and some things I was hip to already, but it still puts some things into a different light. I mostly enjoyed the parts trying to disect reality.

I had seen a lecture given by some of the people who were responsible for the film and people that where interviewed, and I think that was probably more enlightening though.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000