Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Andreas Oberg?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever hear of this swedish guy?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5323009116368422942&q=gypsy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2090229995626213616&q=gypsy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4623487119992912562&q=gypsy

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  3:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
His stuff reminds me of some of your stuff on the CD you gave me, which, by the way, I loved. I listen to it often. Recording quality isn't the best but the MUSIC is definitely there. Keep up the good work. I described it to (c)Rew as if Django Rheinhardt played in a 70's rock band. hehe Hope that doesn't offend you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  3:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, he blew me away! So much fun to watch and listen to, had my feet tapping at my desk, LOL. I am looking up more info on this guy! Huge thanks for sharing this! I want to see him in person! If you know of any tours, please post about them!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  3:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess I have to go to Europe or to California in Sept to get to hear him play live.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  4:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Guess I have to go to Europe or to California in Sept to get to hear him play live.

Like thats a BAD thing. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  7:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fluffy thanks a lot! No problem Pam! Fluffy the cd I gave you wasn't mastered thats why the quality wasn;t there. The new one will be however and it is chock full of gypsy jazz and other jazz with my brother Rich on drums and Mike Tarlazzi on bass and some drums. Got some vocals too. I will mail you out acopy once I get them (july 18th or so). THANKS!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  10:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PJK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like thats a BAD thing. LOL

Not bad, just expensive, LOL

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went back to listen to these again today, gosh I love his style! Awesome way to start the day! Going to buy one of his CD's, I shouldn't spend the money now, but I'm going to anyway, LOL!

I'm forwarding these to my son and also to a friend. Some day I will see him perform even if it means going to Europe! Thanks again, Dave!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did it, went and bought his CD. Arrival date is somewhere between July 1-6. I am really looking forward to this. Perfect to listen to on my ride down to C'ville on the 10th! BTW, I am going to see you at the show in C'ville, right Dave? Hope so!

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  8:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AWESOME....there is a Django celebration all over every year, usually in june. I have gone to the NYC one before. If you liek him check out the Rosenberg Trio and Durando Schmidtt (spelling?)...glad you liked him as much as I do!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000