new pedals or what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2001 :  3:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm lookin at this video from 10.10.01. on the ground shots, i see another boss pedal, lookin kinda like the dd-5 and another red line6 pedal. did he get new pedals?

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.

Micheal
Try A Little Harder

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2001 :  4:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Micheal's Homepage  Send Micheal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I checked out his gear pretty closely at the paramount 11/23/01. The new redish box is a yamaha DG stomp for his cheeseburger. All the garnishings and condiments for his cheeseburgers came from the dg stomp as well as providing the speaker simulated DI to the PA. The spirituals still use the same setup except he has a seperate set up for the 12 stringers. The baritone 12 used the dd5 into the sansamp DI and his martin d-28 12 just plugs into the sansamp DI.

PEACE,
*LONG LIVE GEORGE HARRISON*

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2001 :  8:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what the shit is a cheesburger?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2001 :  10:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's a hamburger... but with cheese on it. ;)
-J

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2001 :  10:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what a novel idea! jesus h. why has this not been thought of before. milk the cow, make cheese out of it. then kill the cow and eat it's burned corpse. sounds like something xar666 would be into. seriously though, what is it, like, distortion or something?

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  12:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a picture that I took at the Hollywood Show: http://www.geocities.com/iamkevin1/P9270003.JPG since it is hosted at geocities, you have to copy and paste. (you wont just be able to click on it). But yeah, it shows the yamaha and 2nd d-55 for the other two guitars. I know the Yamaha is used so he doesn't need to lug around an amp all tour.

Go to Top of Page

Micheal
Try A Little Harder

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  8:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Micheal's Homepage  Send Micheal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the cryptology. Guess we know who the real fans are. If you follow Tim and read his interviews, you will see that he refers to playing electric guitar as being like eating a cheesburger. He has called his acoustics "The Spitituals" because his uncle Bill (see stream credits) who turned him on playing music as a child was in a band called the spirituals. He also told the "uncle Bill and the spirituals story" at the Taos 2000 show.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  10:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry...I did not know the chesseburger reference either....I must not be a real, genuine Tim Reynolds fan.....I guess I've been lying to you all and myself for all this time.......I feel terrible...what am I to do with all these Tim Reynolds CDs, JPGs and MP3s and all the other Tim stuff I have.....I feel dirty having them now that Ive been exposed as a "fake"

Sorry if that seemed harsh but comments about "real fans" always get to me. Just because someone doesn't know every detail about an artist's life, doesn't mean they can't still be moved by the music, and consider themselves a "real fan".

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Micheal
Try A Little Harder

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  11:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Micheal's Homepage  Send Micheal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jeezus GuitarGuy, wazup? We're obviously all real fans here on this board. It's hard to be sarcastic and teasing in an obvious way when communicating with text. Guess I should have put the obligitory "he he" after my teasing comment. NOT

It's fun to know that you are so defensive to "comments about real fans". Real fans know that everybody gets fucked with on this message board. It's kinda like a fight club, so don't tell anyone.
PEACE

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  2:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey man, sorry for the misunderstanding. I know how hard it is to try to be sarcastic or funny using text...and not have it taken the wrong way. I've pissed off many people trying to say something sarcastically on AIM, which was taken seriously and thus got me in hot water. Hope theres no hard feelings. I have much love for everyone on this board.

Sorry again,
Adam

Go to Top of Page

Micheal
Try A Little Harder

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  5:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Micheal's Homepage  Send Micheal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey yeh me too brotha...any lover of TIM is a brotha for sure. No hard feelings at all. My mistake. Like Tim says in one of those wonderful interviews, something like: "I don't worry about mistakes, if I make a mistake, I can only hope to learn something from it."

PRIMUS SUCKS!
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  9:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That kind of reminds me of this saying I've sort of come to live by, in music and life in general: "Mistakes Are A Gift"

If you think about it, making mistakes in songs could lead to different songs, or a new riff or something for an old song, whatever...and in life, a lot of times a mistake you make teaches you not to make it again, thus making you a better person.

So basically, if you fuck up enough in music or life, eventually you'll get it right!!

Adam

Go to Top of Page

-Kellen-
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  4:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Michael -

You're a PRIMUS fan!!!???? Awesome!

-Kellen-

"No body snuggles with Max Power! You just strap yourself in, and feel the cheese!"
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  8:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There will be new photos and info posted to the setup page soon. I have worked on all the pics with Jon this weekend and he just needs to post them to the site. Should be an all new revised setup page with all the new pedals and pics SOON!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

FeelingDoors
Is Anybody Here?

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  02:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing that maybe the red line 6 you guys were talking about is either a flter modler or a distortion modeler, as for the BOSS one, I think it could be the DD-4 or DD-3? I'm not sure but it's just a guess

Still Strumming,
Will
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  05:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Boss DD-5 Red...Yamaha DG Stomp

Tim only uses the DD-5 on the Baritone 12(of the 2 electric guitars) The SG goes directly into the Yamaha DG Stomp and it also acts as a direct box to the snake. The Baritone 12 goes thru the DD-5 to a SansAmp acoustic DI to the snake. Acoustic setup is pretty much the same as the last tour(listed on setup page) with the exception of the 1 change to the input list. We did not use a condenser mike on the acoustics for this tour. All 4 guitars and the Sampler went direct to the board. 7 inputs including a vocal mike that Tim used for talkback to the audience between songs.
Line1 Vox
Line2 SG
Line3 Baritone
Line4 6 string acoustic
Line5 12 string acoustic
Line6 Sampler(Left)
Line7 Sampler(Right)

Drum machine used towards the end of the tour was run directly into the Sampler. Hope this helps, if not, more will be posted soon on the setup page with pics and more details.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000