Help stop the RIAA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  5:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The EFF's gotten 75,000 of the 100,000 signatures it's seeking for a petition on the recording industry's insane campaign of suing thousands of music fans. 25,000 more to go!

So everyone, go read and sign the petition...

http://www.eff.org/share/petition/

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  12:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they're out of fucking control.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  02:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As someone with a degree in recording who will make a living from the dollars that consumers pay for recorded music, I still find the RIAA's actions disgraceful. What is a far worse problem in my eyes is what I have heard from the inside of how commonplace it is for record companies to rip off their own artists behind their backs, ignoring contractual obligations. I have signed your petition.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  3:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dirtysloth

As someone with a degree in recording who will make a living from the dollars that consumers pay for recorded music, I still find the RIAA's actions disgraceful. What is a far worse problem in my eyes is what I have heard from the inside of how commonplace it is for record companies to rip off their own artists behind their backs, ignoring contractual obligations. I have signed your petition.

I know, it's sad how the RIAA screws basically everyone but themselves (but they are screwing themselves by not embracing online music). I guess nowadays if you really want to support an artist, download the songs and buy a t-shirt off their web site. They get more money, the RIAA gets none.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000