A diamond fell in my lap.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  9:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My guitar teacher(one of them) is very into 7 and 8 string guitars, and buys and sells them constantly, particularly to his students. He has about 250 guitars in his house at any given time. Recently he purchased a 7-string prototype of a Gibson ES-175 arch-top in perfect condition. He just sold it to me for the same price he bought it for, $750. I have never heard of such an obscenely good deal on a guitar before, considering that this is a 7-string hollow-body with all the typical Gibson features on it.

Why so cheap, you ask? No, it's not broken or sounds shitty, it sounds bangin'. The reason is that it never got the Gibson label on it, therefore plummeting its price from, say, around $2000 at its cheapest, to the $750 I paid for it. Needless to say, I'm in love with this thing. I think I'll name it...

Oh yeah, and playing TR songs on a 7-string is FUN!!!!

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  11:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
stares at you with anger and envy

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  5:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
got any pics of it?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  8:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, but I should put some up. Maybe I'll get around to it. It's the tan/biege color(as opposed to the funky black/fading into gold that many Gibson hollow-bodies are), has a white pearl(?) pickguard, victorian cutaway, "f" sound-holes, humbuckers, and oh, yeah, SEVEN STRINGS!

Did I mention that it has SEVEN STRINGS?!?!

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  12:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i never cared for how 7 strings guitars have been implimented. i don't think that they're nessecary in a band. because, you know, there's bass players. that low be is superfluous. but as a solo instrument it might not be bad.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, in a band, the extra string isn't necessary. However for a solo thing like I'm usually doing, it's extremely useful.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  8:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a 7 string Ibanez years back, kind of had the shape of an SG but this purple color with a black headstock. Pretty cheap too, I wrote a couple songs on it but that was it and I sold it. Seemed more novelty when I bought it but I implemented it best I could.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000