Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Help with Musician's Friend.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2001 :  8:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I go to their site, and the front page loads. But no matter what I click after that, nothing works. I get the DNS server error or something like that. It has been doing that on my puter for a while but I can look at the site while at work, on a different computer.

Any suggestions?

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  12:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same type of problem except mine was in reverse. I would try to access this site to check out the board from work and it would not let me past the opening page...I did this..

I accessed the site from the computer that does work for you....then get past the page where you get stuck and email that to yourself at work with that page hyper-linked and then see if you can get to the site by bypassing that first page. That worked for me.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  12:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Supersweet idea. I wouldn't have thought of that...So I'll try it and I'll be able to check when I'm at home. (I'm at work now.)

Thanks man.

And hey, I think your caped Bart isn't working at the moment...I'm getting a white box with the red x...just wanted you to know.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  12:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll check into my Bartman...I see him on mine...Good luck Brotha Man...

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  2:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bartman is working now, don't know what the problem was before, but I think it was with my puter, not yours... But it's working now.

Thanks for the help

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2001 :  12:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know my solution was not the most technical answer available but I was curious if it worked for ya brotha..

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try it now!
Big sale and if you hurry you can enter a contest to win a Les Paul B

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
O ya, I finally got musician's friend to work fine... I didn't buy anything at the time, but I did eventually, and now I have it...I'm so happy...I'll be happy til something else takes my fancy...It's sweet ass too...Real happy...

So I'll check out the sale at MF.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So what is it?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Musicians Friend=Skin Flute player

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The meat whistle.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I never leave home with out mine!!(Except once, but that is a whole nother thread)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  02:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So what is it?

Well, I feel cheezy saying it, cause then I feel like a poser. Wait, I guess I am.

It is an Epiphone SG.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  04:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guitars, Guitars, Guitars Is that all you guys talk about? You'd think we were on a message board for/about a guitar player. Wooops!! I guess we are. DOAH!! I have a couple of guitar stands, NO guitars! Strange isn't it. I even have a couple of guitar straps, NO guitars! Bizarre!! I have some guitar picks, NO guitars! I have a tuner and Boss DD-5 and NO guitars. I have packs of strings and NO guitars!! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  09:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey... if you have a not-being-used DD-5... wanna send it my way? :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  10:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hell, Fluffy, I could use some geetar stands and whatnot...I mean I could even probably trade you some green paper for them...and maybe even a strap or two (not a strap-ON), and probably even strings. You could easily get rid of that stuff if you wanted.

I wouldn't know what the hell to do with a DD-5, tho. I have enough trouble deciding what to do with six strings and an amp.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  11:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not a strap on? I think that would be a great trade!

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  7:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh the strap-on wouldn't change hands if you catch my drift

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  02:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strap-ons? Did someone say Strap-ons? I know there is no way pcbdmb is parting with his. It solves his spaghetti dick issue. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  03:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn, I really did start this conversation, didn't I?

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  07:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HEHE Yes, YOU DID!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  2:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Strap-ons? Did someone say Strap-ons? I know there is no way pcbdmb is parting with his. It solves his spaghetti dick issue. HEHE

No, I just coil it up like a spring and let it fly! Boy do I get some happily surprized women!

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The mental picture is HYSTERICAL!!! Careful, you might put someones eye out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  03:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The visual can't be that good, since you don't know what I look like but one of these days I'm gonna post one of me (not drunk like Isaac). Speaking of which, how do you to that? I'll tell you where I'm at now...my friend has a digital camera, takes a pic of me and emails it to me...now what?...I know I have to create a link, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to that.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  04:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unless you have a website you can post it to, you are fucked! I would suggest sending it to Soldo and having him post it for you. If you have a website, LMK and I will be happy to explain how to post your pic.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  04:23:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No! no website! Do you mean that i should email him the pic? Maybe that'll get him to come back to the message board!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  04:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Give it a shot!! Tell him Fluffy commanded him to post it for you. Hopefully that will work. I miss ole Jon-boy!! Where are you? Come back to us!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  05:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(in Homer voice) Fluuuuuuuffffyyyy.......Fluuuuuuuffffffyyyy....youuuuu kiiiiillleed meeeeeee.....youuuuuuu kiiiiiilllled meeeee...
No I didn't...you're just in jail!
Oh yeah!....hey wait! I'm in jail 'cuz of you!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  3:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lock yourself up and throw away the key, you NARC!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Narc? Who's a narc?
That fat Jamacian guy.
Hey..we're just trying to have a good TIMe narc.
Don't commit your hate crimes here. HATE CRIMES!!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  02:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Stop trying to distract us from the fact that you are a NARC!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  04:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Narc? Who's a narc?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  03:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You Are!! I figured out your amazing code. I unscrambled the letters of your screenname, pcbdmb, and figured out they spell NARC!! Pretty ingenius of you, but I caught it. It was not easy to break the ingenius encryption code you used but I figured it out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  1:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How the hell did you get narc from pcbdmb?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000