Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 No Direction Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  10:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My buddy and I watched the Bob Dylan documentary "No Direction Home" the other night, and it is intriguing. I had heard that it was only cool if you are a hard-core Dylan fan, but that is not the case at all. In a way, it was a film about music, not just Dylan, which is why I would highly reccomend this to anyone who is a serious music lover. We were both glued to our seats. I really enjoyed the scenes that showed footage from Greenwhich Village where they talk about the bohemian scene vs. the jazz scene. Also the who concert where Dylan plugs in an electric guitar for the first time and the crowd boos is so crazy. They interview the crowd and they rip Dylan a new one. Very interesting stuff. Check it out for yourself.

god
Kevin

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As a hard-core Dylan fan myself, I highly enjoyed it...I really liked all of the footage of Dylan's inspirations...Plus the last scene with Dylan and the band playing Like a Rolling Stone...you can hear Bob say, "Play it fuckin' loud!!"

As far as albums go, my favorite is Rolling Thunder Revue 1975...nothing quite like it.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  6:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend got me this for xmas...

The Bob Dylan Scrapbook. It's meant as a companion to the movie...check it out next time you're at Borders.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  12:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I thought the film was very well done. Not your typical bio-pic.

I got the DVD and CD for Christmas.

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000