Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  11:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone catch the premier tonight? I'm 40 minutes into it.

Best show EVAR.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  11:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm seriously fighting NOT to watch it right now. I still need to buy season 3 on DVD. If I watch the new one tonight, I'm sure something will be spoiled for me. I tried watching season 3 on TV, but without Tivo or something, its too hard. I do agree that 24 is probably the best TV drama ever (only competition would be Sopranos or Six Feet Under). I loved the first two seasons, and can't wait to get season 3. Really though, I think DVD is the only way to watch these. The cliff hangers are so brutal that there is no way I could wait a week for the next one.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  12:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

I'm seriously fighting NOT to watch it right now. I still need to buy season 3 on DVD. If I watch the new one tonight, I'm sure something will be spoiled for me. I tried watching season 3 on TV, but without Tivo or something, its too hard. I do agree that 24 is probably the best TV drama ever (only competition would be Sopranos or Six Feet Under). I loved the first two seasons, and can't wait to get season 3. Really though, I think DVD is the only way to watch these. The cliff hangers are so brutal that there is no way I could wait a week for the next one.

True...I hold 24 as high as I hold Six Feet Under (and previously The Sopranos).

The cliffhangers are what keep me watching...even between commercials! I usually let my Tivo queue it all up so I can watch it without interruption, but tonight I just couldn't wait.

The next two hours tomorrow should be great!

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  12:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love Six Feet Under. They take forever to release the seasons on DVD though. My fiance and I are also addicted to Nip/Tuck.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  6:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
24 is without a doubt the best thing ever to come to TV. Only problem is that you MUST see it from the very beginning of the season and see every episode or you're lost.

Last night's premier was absolutely awesome... can't wait until tonight's episodes.

On a side note, I'd never seen Alias before this past Wed., but it was really really good. Not quite 24 territory, but very solidly put together show.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  01:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ttt, a little over a year later.

woo! Once again I'm 40 minutes into it.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  03:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

ttt, almost a year later.

woo! Once again I'm 40 minutes into it.

Best freaking opener ever! Holy shit! And there is still two more hours tomorrow night! I'm blown away. This is the first season I've watched and I'm already hooked.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  09:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is there lots of super cool primetime torture promotion and military ads on too?

fuck tv!

: )
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

is there lots of super cool primetime torture promotion and military ads on too?
yes there is.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  9:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rippa, how funny that your original post holds true 1 year later, and my reply to your post above holds true as well. I've got season 4 set aside for myself at work, I just need to buy it. And I still say that there is no way I could watch it on TV. I have a hard enough time keep up with Lost week to week.

Oddly enough I was stuck at home in bed yesterday wih food poisoning, and with nothin better to do, I decided to through in a disc from season 3 and I have myself a 4 hour 24 marathon. Good times. Jack Bauer is so the man!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  12:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

fuck tv!

: )

This is the only show where I actually put my politics aside and just enjoy it.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  02:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes, because clearly if it's on tv, it's got brainwashing commercials for the military and mcdonalds, and all those other disgusting "american" things. and everyone who watches 24 loves both, even the people who post about on this board, who, the record will, show don't. tell me, are you just like this about tv, or do you lead your entire life the wrong way?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  5:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hold to the fact that 24 is, in fact, the greatest thing to ever hit TV. I've gotten so many people hooked on that show. We have a little 24 get together every monday where we go out to eat and then everyone comes back to my place to watch it on the big screen. We even take it as far as during the time of the year when it's not on, we still get together every week and watch one of the previous seasons on DVD.

The plot so far this season is really excellent. It's well done as seems like it has potential for some really excellent twists and turns.

I'm just glad it's back... I had been going through 24 withdrawl... maybe that's why I got so sick.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000