Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Immortal Technique
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard this guy...quite amazing.

http://www.immortal-technique.com

I think there is also www.immortaltechnique.com as well

He is this rapper (I'd call it Genius) guy from Harlem. The shit will blow your mind, I swear it is some of the most intelligent and true and emotion sturring music I have ever heard.

CHeck out songs like "The Cause of Death", "The 4th Branch" or "Bin Laden" (with Mos Def) by downloading from LimeWire or there samples on the websites above or here too at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009J4O90/qid=1136415797/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-6521264-4461639?n=507846&s=music&v=glance

I am serious, I don't remember the last time I felt this way after hearing someone.

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha fuck yeah i love this guy. oh all hip-hop that i listen to, which is slim slim slim slim pickings, this guy's my favorite.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
right on...I am going to upload this song The 4th Branch later for everyone here to download...it is simply amazing.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  7:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here you go download this and check it out:

http://www.davecahill.com/4thBranch.mp3
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  02:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Refreshing change from all the rap about the bling-blong.

I remember how much I like hip-hop when I hear stuff like this.

Anyone check out DangerDoom?

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Banjobach
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  02:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does it talk about anything other than the failures of the US cause that gets kinda old ya know
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hah...it is sad but true.

It is a wake up call I think, refreshing real independent music.

I mean look at Tim, he has a very similar message, but in a totally different way.

I think the way he puts some of those incredible words and phrases together is just astounding.

What is probably the craziest is that all the facts and points he makes about history and what is going on is true.
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I love his lines, simply entertaining vivid rhymes. Plain and simple if you can't respect what he's saying you've got to respect his MUCH MORE above-average display of intelligence in hip-hop.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

PolyOntology
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  5:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit PolyOntology's Homepage  Send PolyOntology an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Immortal Technique is the shit, definitely one of my favorite hip hop artists. Thanks for those links ruby, I knew about immortaltechnique.com but not immortal-technique.com, which seems a lot better.

Other hip hop favorites of mine are Dalek, Dose One, and Sage Francis. Dalek's gotta be my favorite though, they're the first hip hop group I got into, they have this great element of experimental noise that fits into their sound really nicely, and the lyrics are pretty damn interesting. They're on Mike Patton's record label, Ipecac, if that means anything to you folks.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  07:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey thanks man I will have to check it out.

Turn off the news and read...

i love that line.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000