What'd Y'all Get for Xmas?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  6:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Get anything good? I got...

Some good cigars
the Bob Dylan Scrapbook
The Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman
A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut
A stick blender
A JPL pocket protector (very cool...my gf's step-dad works there)
a little cash

And my big gift from santa was aluminum mirror housings for my new car...http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1555892

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MBox but i cant get the fucking thing to work....

ARG!!!

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  8:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
4 books
terry brook's sword of shannara
the two dark tower concordance books
a book of 4 stephen king novellas
new jacket
new hat
various clothing from relatives (all my clothes are fucking beat)

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My big gift that I really wanted was Sirius Radio. I got the car unit, and the dock, so I can listen to it at home too. It's sooo cool. Uncensored music, no commercials, no Payola, just great music, talk radio (I'm a Howard Stern fan - Main reason I wanted it), sports, weather, traffic.. you name it. It has some great rock stations, a great jazz station, three classical stations, a reggae station, a station that plays nothing but jam-bands, all in all over 100 stations. I'm stoked (can you tell?). So far I've just got it hooked up in my room, no time to figure out how to install it in my car.

I also got a few other things, like new sheets for my bed, some booze, a new jacket, and sweater, and some gourmet food stuffs.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  1:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

4 books
terry brook's sword of shannara
the two dark tower concordance books
a book of 4 stephen king novellas
new jacket
new hat
various clothing from relatives (all my clothes are fucking beat)

Which collection of King's? Different Seasons or Four Past Midnight? If it's Diff Seasons, rock on, that had some of the best stuff of his I've ever read. If Four Past, le me know how it is.

As for my Christmas escapades...

Seinfeld 5&6 on DVD
Steve Hackett - Metamorpheus (an awesome classical album telling the myth of Orpheus)
Steve Hackett - DVD
Dream Theater - Live in Budokan
The Samples - Rehearsing for Life
Another Theodore Roosevelt book (can't have too many)
Peter Gabriel - Ein Deutches Album (Essentially the Security album, but recorded in fucking German!!!)
And gift cards a plenty.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  3:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Seinfeld 5&6 on DVD

It came with the poofy shirt I assume.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  3:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Seinfeld 5&6 on DVD

Nice, I got season 5 for my birthday which was also in Dec.

I put season 4 of 24 on my list but didn't get it, so I'll have to buy that one on my own. I haven't seen that season yet, as it just came out on dvd, and the only way to watch 24 is on dvd.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  6:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got banjo pickups, a neon sign, a dozen sets of guitar strings, 50 bucks for sam ash, 25 for borders, a phone, and chapstick. It was a good year. Oh and a lot of clothes that I can actually wear unlike years past...."Oh yeah gramma, this is nice...it's kinda...like fluffy...yeah i'll wear it around the house when the heat goes out and no one can see me..."

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Angelface01
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  8:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a gift certificate to go SKYDIVING!!
Nothing like jumping out of a plane with a complete stranger. None the less, I'm looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  11:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
skydiving is the most terrifying thing you will ever do in your life. ever. you'll love every second of it, but you'll never want to do it again.

arthen, i got four seasons, and i hope that some of it is tower related. pretty much all the king i read is to see how some of it may tie into dark tower. the shanarra series is pretty good too, if you like fairly predictable fantasy.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  01:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Predictable Fantasy-" how I term my life.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  5:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

arthen, i got four seasons, and i hope that some of it is tower related. pretty much all the king i read is to see how some of it may tie into dark tower. the shanarra series is pretty good too, if you like fairly predictable fantasy.

Hate to break it to you, as far as I remember they aren't very releated at all to the Dark Tower, it is just simply great fiction. Apt Pupil is a lot darker than the movie.

I was never too big a fan of Terry Brooks, I read the first few books of the Goodkind series then kind of got out of it. I haven't been much into fantasy since I finished the Tower. Nothing's caught my interest.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  11:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got a new 60GB iPod Video, white. That was probably my best gift. Though my wife bought me a red Swingline stapler, a la Office Space, which I fucking love!!!
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  12:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
150$ from my relatives...?!

Boss BR-600 i think its called? recording device.
buttload of clothes
giftcard to borders
giftcards to clothes stores
little guitar ornaments
calendar
sudoku puzzles...those things are fucking addictive and good for your thinking skills..thats why those japanese fuckers are doing so well in technology over there
C. Mingus - Ah Um sexy album, betta get it in yo soul

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the Dave Matthews Red Rocks set, a new John Lennon picture book, the Cream reuninon DVD, two new blazers, a new 350 cd case and some bath stuff :)

My kids got:
Alex: literally 10 sets of Legos, clothes and some cds
Joey: effects pedal for the guitar, some legos and some clothes

Kenny got: A remote barbeque thermometer, a cd radio for the shower, some tools and $100 for a vacuum sealer

;)
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  12:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I got (by request) was some cash to put toward a new computer... which totally kicks ass!

More importantly, I got to go to Florida and see some of my relatives that I haven't seen in 2 years.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000