So I got into Rutgers...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  11:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I'm planning on being a jazz major in college w/ guitar. I've been accepted early to UMBC's music program but fuck that. I also got into RUTGERS! Does anyone attend Mason-Gros school of music and can tell me a bit about it? Rutgers is massive, but what's us musicians doin?

I'm not sure if that school of music is decent or not.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  4:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't know about any of that, but congrats just the same. the life of a music major is a world of pain, but you learn and advance so much. on your instrument, understanding of the craft and history of the art, and on musicianship in general.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is painful. Especially sol-feg for me anyway. I don't know anything about their program, but you should check out the college site and find out about the teachers and then send some emails. Check it out carefully, because with how much money it costs you don't want to wind up somewhere you don't like. Check out teachers too. Best of all worlds is take a visit and get a lesson from the future instructor. Anyway congrats.

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  7:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually it's the least pricey of all the schools I may be going to. Also I may be taking a trip up to see the campus soon, and getting a lesson would be an awesome idea. If there's one thing I really want it's a phenomenal private instructor.

*EDIT* I just now found out that I got into UMBC's regular college in addition to just it's music program. It's a safety school for me, but exciting, nonetheless.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  10:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I live really close to UMBC (go to UMD now)
Congrats on the acceptances!

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  10:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Really? I live in Howard County, real close to UMBC also.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  11:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
<-- Anne Arundel

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Oozle
Chatterbox

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Oozle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JemezFoodPeople

<-- Anne Arundel

<---also Anne Arundel

ren :)
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*high fives*

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  7:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
eMDee represent!!! Ever go to Arundel Mills Mall? I may have passed you on a random evening shopping and never knew it.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  7:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah i was there on Saturday

we have totally hijacked this poor defenseless Rutgers thread with our Maryland-ness

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  8:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so you two are from the same town? and you've both been on the boards a while and not known it? how fucking weird is that?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  9:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pretty fucking weird. not same town, neighboring counties, and neighboring enough that a drive to a mall b/w us is not far at all.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  11:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ka is always at work, do ya not kennit.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Oozle
Chatterbox

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Oozle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jemez, what part of AA? I'm Annapolis, St. Margarets.

ren :)
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  10:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oozle

Jemez, what part of AA?

step 3, i'd imagine.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Laurel

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  10:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LAUREL?? I'm so goddamn close to you. SO close. this is weird. ??!??!?!?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000