New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rockaide
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  9:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a great link for anyone who likes the Spin Doctors and wants some free mp3s of their b-sides and new single:
http://www.spindoctors.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=;action=showratings

Just curious if anyone else is into this group? I read at Universal that they released a new album a couple of months ago, but I've yet to hear the entire record. That song on the page, "Can't Kick the Habit" is really cool and a lot different than what I'd expect from the group...it's a mature bluesy/soul tune. Some of those guitar licks are really tasty, coming from a fellow blues player.

They're actually a pretty underrated group musically, I'd take a listen...tell me what you think.

Allan B

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Last I remember they sucked. Pretty hard.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  12:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was that the "Two Princes" band?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  10:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will kill myself now.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  10:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

I will kill myself now.

I may have to join you seeing as though I now can't get the words, "little miss, little miss, little miss can't be wrong" out of my head.

It's just not my bag but it's ok if you like them Rockaide. As long as you like a certain band then that's really all that matters.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  10:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i opened up for the singer of the spin doctors in NYC...he was pretty good I guess...thats about all I have to say....

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  12:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
actually, the fact that they were mentioned at all makes them overrated.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

AGirlNamedPsycho
Try A Little Harder

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  2:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit AGirlNamedPsycho's Homepage  Send AGirlNamedPsycho an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know I'd probably be on the same boat as you guys but I happened across an old cassette of Pocket Full of Kryptonite a few years ago; a guitar player I really respected told me to listen to it and I sort of did the dog-staring-at-a-microwave-for-the-first-time-ever face. But as it turns out they're not half bad. A little one-speed, and I don't need the singer's input on anything, but some of their stuff is surprisingly good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000