Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Paul McCartney
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  12:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With all of the sad news that has been floating around this past week, I completely forgot to mention that I saw Paul McCartney in concert last week. I've never known the Bealtes work all that well but my girlfriend is a fanatic so when dates were announced earlier in the year she bought tickets. She was in tears for the first 20 mins or so. I was pretty amazed. Paul is well into his 60s I beleive and he played a 3 hour set. His voice is amazing, and I can;t beleive that it held up like that. One of the last songs he played was Helter Skelter, which he was screaming... that's impressive. The highlights for me were "Band on the Run" which I think is just an amazing song in that it is four distinct and unique parts, and a new song of Chaos and Creation called "Jenny Wren" which is a beautiful song. I feel that, from a historical standpoint seeing Paul McCartney was huge, it is something I hope to be able to tell my grandkids about and have them stare up at my old ass in amazement.

god
Kevin

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  04:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very cool, Kevin! I had a lawyer friend that paid top dollar for McCartney tickets when I lived in LA and I was always jealous that I didn't get to go too. Now I'm jealous of both of you!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  6:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Beatles was my very first concert! I went to several George Harrison concerts when I was in college. For reasons I don't know, I have never had the desire to see Paul in concert. Everyone I know that has gone to see him says he puts on an awesome concert, yet still, I can't get psyched up to see him. Weird. Paul was my favorite Beatle during my teen years, I absolutely adored him, but musically in my adult years I gravitated towards George and John.

I am happy you got to hear him Kevin! I just pre-ordered tickets to see Billy Joel in March, haven't heard if I got them or not, they only have a certain amt of pre-orders and its first come first serve. (faxed in the order)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

bloody_warrior
Is Anybody Here?

10 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  02:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the Beatles. Especially John Lennon. I have every single album of the Beatles.

You think you know but you have no idea
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  03:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This thread reminds me of a reel-to-reel tape we used to have of Fluffy singing Beatles songs (like O-bla-di O-bla-da and Hello Hello) when he was about five. It was so cute!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000