Fluffy says hi (from Germany)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  06:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody. I got to see Fluffy last night, since The Machine played a show in Stuttgart. He said hi, and felt bad that he's had no Internet access and hasn't been able to post anything about his trip.

I got to watch the first hour of the concert from backstage, which was cool, then I went out front to watch from the audience. They sounded great! I had to leave before it was over since I had to get up early for work today, but tonight my boyfriend, John, and I are driving to Ulm to see the whole show.

Peace,
teri :)

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  07:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool Teri! The Machine is playing near my house the day after Thanksgiving and I might try to catch them, although Fluffy won't be with them then. He said they are really good. I love Pink Floyd and I am still not sure I would enjoy a PF cover band. "Breathe" has been playing in my head since Live 8! I really wish I could have gone to that concert in England.

Would you post a review of the show you and John are seeing. I am interested in hearing what you think (minus the Fluffy factor), Johns impression of the band too.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey teri, that's so kewl! Please give Fluffy a hug from me Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  12:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi teri! And Fluffy! Give each other a hug from me to you.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

apr.70
Is Anybody Here?

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  3:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Send apr.70 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice!

thanks for the Fluffy update.

April ~ getting in on the hugfest
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  3:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prima!

"Hallo" to you, John, and Fluffy! Hope everything is great!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  4:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could just... hug you all!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, when I read what I previously posted, I realized it didn't sound too nice saying "minus the Fluffy factor" but what I meant was that of course Fluffy isn't going to tour with a band that sucks, but I was wondering what you actually thought of the band even though just seeing Fluffy would have made for a great evening for you. Hope that makes sense.

Do you like Pink Floyd? I looked up the venue where the Machine will be playing and I can get really good seats, but I still don't know if I can make it or not as I already had plans with my daughter for Friday after Thanksgiving and I don't know if I will feel like going out that night.

I am really interested in how you and John liked the second night.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  03:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In addition to John and me, my friends Brad and Kathy also went. We all thought the show was great. (It was worth the one-hour drive from Stuttgart to Ulm and would have been worth the money if Fluffy had made us pay...) The band has a lot of energy, and you can tell they've put every effort into emulating the Pink Floyd sound.

The whole first set (~45 minutes) was new to me, since I had never even heard of the Animals album until Wednesday night. The second set though (~2 hours) they played lots of stuff I knew, like Money, Brick in the Wall, Us & Them, etc., so I enjoyed it more. One of the songs they played was off the first Pink Floyd album, and it sounded to me very much like the Kinks. It was really different from the rest of their stuff, but I liked it.

I don't own a single Pink Floyd album, so I can't really compare the real thing with The Machine, but I thought that the songs I did know (from the radio or wherever) sounded almost exactly like they should. Their lead singer does a great job -- and plays lead guitar at the same time. The saxaphonist also rocks. He playes with Roger Waters and others famous bands; he took a night off from this tour to do a show with Dream Theater in London.

Brad and Kathy liked the show so much they are taking their 13 and 15 year-old boys to see it tonight a couple of hours away. (It's in a touristy part of Southern Germany near Lake Constance, so they're going to spend part of the day enjoying the scenery and then see the show.)

My friend Jenice was really bummed that she missed the concert -- and meeting Fluffy -- so I'll probably go again with her over Veteran's Day weekend. Since I have that Friday off, I have time to travel up there and hang out a bit. On Thursday, the show ended just after 11PM on Thursday and we had to work Friday so we left right away.

thanks for all the hugs!

teri
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  04:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

He playes with Roger Waters and others famous bands; he took a night off from this tour to do a show with Dream Theater in London.

Anyone who takes time off to play with Dream Theater is a badass.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  07:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Teri, that does it, I am getting tickets today! Awsome that the saxaphonist plays with Roger Waters! I also agree with what Arthen said about the Dream Theatre!

BTW Pink Floyd is being inducted into Britians Music Hall of Fame in November. They were nominated by the Steering Group which is made up of 60 artists, musical journalists, broadcasters and music industry executives.

What I really like about the way the British do things is that for two weeks prior to the induction, which is broadcast live on prime time tv for 3 hours, they will run musical programing. I think that is pretty awesome.

Teri, THANK YOU so much for posting this! I am so happy you got to see Fluffy and the show. Oh, please give Fluffy a hug for me too!

Bob Dylan is also going to be inducted this year.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got tickets, 7th row, center! Taking my kids!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  1:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How much were the tix? Over here they were about 40 Euros (almost $50) for the best seats. I'm glad Fluffy was able to get us guest passes!

teri
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  5:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow $50 each! I got 4 tickets for about $130 and that included the $5/ticket charge for using the on line service, taxes etc. I really wouldn't have thought it would be cheaper here. Plus they are the 7th row center, great seats!

Of course "guest list" is always a better way to go! LOL

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  11:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW Teri, did they open with "Welcome to the Machine?" I am expecting that!

I am killing time now waiting for the live web cast of Vegoose with Dave and Friends (TIM!) I sat through Phil Lesh and friends and Gov't Mule, now for TIM! They better keep broadcasting this!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  05:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought that too, but they don't. :( Apparently, they choose a specific album for each tour and they spend the entire first set playing only that album straight through. This time is the Animals album.

The second set is "audience choice" but I still haven't figured out where the online voting site is. When I was there on Wednesday night, Welcome to the Machine was one of the songs in the second set, but on Thursday night they didn't play that one.

teri
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  10:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I see. Animals is not one of my favorite albums but I am so psyched to hear them that I am sure it will be great. As for the second set, I will have to look at their website and see if there is anyplace there to vote for songs. Breathe is my all time favorite song. I never cared much for Money, but when PF sang that at live 8 I was so happy to hear them again that it sounded fantastic to me.

I am just going to go to this show without expectations and just enjoy whatever these guys bring to the table, so to speak. I am definitely looking forward to it!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  2:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Breathe is amazing! And it's great cause it works solo acoustic, and can be a great song to jam around on!

And I agree with you about Money, Pam. People always go on and on, but personally I always thought it was the weakest track on "Dark Side..." Give me "Breathe", "Time" or "Brain Damage/Eclipse" any day.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Amber
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  06:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi, I'm Teri's friend Jenice, who unfortunalty won't be able to make it to see the band or Fluffy.

I did come across what appears to be the online song request. Once you navigate to the Machine's tour info page there is a link to the left for request.

http://www.wiventertainment.de/
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  06:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, welcome Jenice! I'm Pam. Thanks for the informations, but it looks like that is only for the European shows.

I'm sorry you won't get to see the show or Fluffy. Don't know which is worse to miss, as Fluffy is one of the most wonderful individuals I have ever crossed paths with.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  1:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

I'm sorry you won't get to see the show or Fluffy. Don't know which is worse to miss, as Fluffy is one of the most wonderful individuals I have ever crossed paths with.

And he has impeccable taste in music!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  7:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Fluffy is one of the most wonderful individuals I have ever crossed paths with

Ditto.

Teri, if you speak with Fluffy soon say hi to him for me and that I hope to see him soon!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  06:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will tell him that tonight!

teri
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw The Machine last night. The show was a lot of fun, the musicians did an outstanding job with Pink Floyds music. They played most of my favorites. Don't know what was more entertaining, the musicians or the crowd. We had great seats, center 7th row, but we were surrounded by 60 year old men who were totally drunk, one passed out at the end of the concert, don't know how his friends got him out of there, LOL.

You would have thought these guys were watching Pink Floyd, they were so into the show.

My son and I had fun, but it wasn't like seeing Pink Floyd.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  4:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is fluffy still in germany?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000