Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 My Space
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  12:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... been a really long time since I have been on here... but I have a huge midterm tomorrow that I have hardly studied for, so I thought it would be a good time to make a comeback!

So, I am addicted to MySpace... anybody else? I just moved from FL to just outside of DC and have found it's great way to keep in touch with folks from home and even meet some new ones in the area... even though I am weary of some of the people on MySpace

I am at: http://www.myspace.com/sorrellovessoma

If you are on there and wanna catch up, please message and add! Mention that you are from here :)

Otherwise, in short... I moved in with my boyfriend, got a cat, finished undergrad, got a job a Full Sail (the college where Dirty Sloth went to), got into grad school, broke my foot (hence all my self-pity gimp jokes on my page), moved out from the apartment and the relationship, and I am not going to grad school for Forensic Psychology. Woohoo!

Hope you all are doing great And hope to hear from some of ya soon!

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  06:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Sorrel! Welcome back! Got some serious catching up to do with you! Hope your foot is better. My nephew lives in DC area, he's a personal trainer. He has a degree from UVA, worked in a company that went under, so he got a job as a bartender in DC, then became a personal trainer. He is an awesome guy, great looking, did I mention he's single, LOL? BTW he once biked all over Europe and does some marathons. He's also a vegetarian. Ok, hey, I know the match making thing sucks but ya can't blame me for trying! (email me)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  1:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote

hot hot hot

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  12:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Huh… well, thank you? lol

Pam, you are awesome and make me feel like I haven’t missed a day at the TR home. I was reading your description of your nephew thinking “Hey! He sounds nice-- wait a minute! Pam is… she…she’s courting out her nephew!” HAHA! I love it…. In fact, I am quite ok with somebody else taking away the hard part. My last date-like experience ended horribly with a botched mention-turn-confession that he has a girlfriend… Literally “yeah, one time my girlfriend and I… uh I mean my ex… uh…” what swine!

This weekend is my relax and catch up weekend, so I would love to get the email ball rolling!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  1:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

hot hot hot

Yeah, that is one fine cat...

...Mmmm...

And welcome back Sorrel! Hopefully you'll get to stick around some more?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  4:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jesus.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  5:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am addicted to killing people who use myspace.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  5:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

I am addicted to killing people who use myspace.

Hey! You put those homicidal tendencies aside and start making me my gold bricks!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  6:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorrel, you've got mail.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  6:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Pam... or can I call you Aunt Pam .... (JUST KIDDING!!) In this whole bit about your nephew... ya left out a very important detail... that being he that is back in school. Not only is he back in school, but back for massage therapy... Now, had you mentioned that in the first place...

Ah, ladies and gentlemen of the Tim Reynolds board, I would start posting the city and state that you live in, to see if PJK has any relatives there!

TMI?
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  7:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can call me Aunt Pam.....no pressure or anything, LOL.

Sorry I left that small detail out, I am sure he will need to practice his lessons on someone, hummmm, who could he try them out on? Let me see...........

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A man....gave me a massage.....and it moved...

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  12:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
myspace sucks...I'm addicted...haha

myspace.com/hazyguitar22
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  12:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm all about myspace... execpt for the losers on there who have like 1000 friends who they don't even know. For me though, it's a great way to keep up with my fiends that I grew up with, went to high school with... you know.

http://www.myspace.com/anchovie1

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  12:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR should get myspace. one of my freinds band got a page and it has actually attracted alot of attention to his band and it brings more people to his shows.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  1:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
TR should get myspace. one of my freinds band got a page and it has actually attracted alot of attention to his band and it brings more people to his shows.

I can't beleive how huge Myspace has gotten in this aspect, it toally has become a marketing tool. HUGE names, such as NIN even debuted their new album on myspace. Fiona Apple did the same. A lot of MAJOR artists are on myspace and I think it is a great way to target that 15-30 demographic. I know that Fluffy is probably waaaay to busy to do it though. Maybe it could be a job for the TR task force?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  4:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Sorry I left that small detail out, I am sure he will need to practice his lessons on someone, hummmm, who could he try them out on? Let me see...........

This is getting a little creepy.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  5:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sorrel

Huh… well, thank you? lol
It was definately a compliment.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  01:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I completely agree that TR needs a MySpace page. Let me know if I can help with that.

Pam, your nephew isn't aware of this thread correct? I think he'd cancel me out in a heart beat if he did.

As for the photo... the great thing is that you can see my cast. Gimps are hot too huh??
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  06:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorrel, you can relax, he definitely doesn't know about this thread! I wouldn't want family members reading what I write on this message board, LOL! So let's keep it that way, OK? BTW, I don't think he would rule you out if he saw this thread.

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PJK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is getting a little creepy.

Creepy? Nah!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  09:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gimps are hot too huh??
I didn't see it before; now I'm turned on that much more...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As for the photo... the great thing is that you can see my cast. Gimps are hot too huh??

Slows em down! They can't run away as fast!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  12:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, then you all will be happy to find out that at my doctor's appointment today, I found out that one mother effing bone is going in the wrong direction... and I will be stuck in a new cast all the f***ing longer... I am cussing like a sailor, and I am not sure why I am censoring my words on here... I am just so livid right now!

Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  1:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

quote:

LOL... That's actually a little scary
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  1:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed!

In regards to this whole myspace thing, I prefer facebook, myself. I have a myspace, but tend not to use it as often. http://facebook.com/p.php?id=29900953&l=0093571198
http://www.myspace.com/carpetcrawlers

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  1:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed!

In regards to this whole myspace thing, I prefer facebook, myself. I have a myspace, but tend not to use it as often. http://facebook.com/p.php?id=29900953&l=0093571198
http://www.myspace.com/carpetcrawlers

I checked out that site. This part: "Mmmmm, boy that Hennigans goes down smooth. And afterwords you don't even smell. That's right folks. I just had three shots of Hennigans and I don't smell. Imagine, you can walk around drunk all day. That's Hennigans, the no-smell, no-tell scotch." -Kramer

Brilliant!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it's one of my favorite Kramer quotes.

That picture on my facebook is me on the left as Castro and my roommate as a gay cop ala Reno 911!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, it's one of my favorite Kramer quotes.

That picture on my facebook is me on the left as Castro and my roommate as a gay cop ala Reno 911!

There are so many great quotes from that show it's hard for me to pick a fav.

Reno 911... that's another great show. Junior is hilarious! When they're in jail he says, "I got two words for ya... plumbin. That's right, if a terd can make it out of here then so can we." Haha... Fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your my kind of people Kenneth, are you on any of these myspace type sites?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Your my kind of people Kenneth, are you on any of these myspace type sites?

Not bloody likely...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well. Kenneth, what's your backstory? I have vague knowledge of everyone who posts regularly except you.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh well. Kenneth, what's your backstory? I have vague knowledge of everyone who posts regularly except you.

Well, Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. Haha, sorry... That line from Pulp Fiction just came to me and I couldn't resist.

No story really, just a simple man living in a not so simple world. Maybe there is something more here...
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=getting%2Cto%2Cknow%2Cyou

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  5:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not sure if I have the authority to be doing this, but since I don't think Tim would mind, and all it could possibly do is bring more attention to his music, I thouht what the hell... and started a music page for him:

http://www.myspace.com/timreynoldstr3

I put up Mercury Direct from the new cd Parallel Universe to listen to.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  8:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great Kev! It'll give a reference to people who see my pics with TR.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  9:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

I'm all about myspace... execpt for the losers on there who have like 1000 friends who they don't even know. For me though, it's a great way to keep up with my fiends that I grew up with, went to high school with... you know.

http://www.myspace.com/anchovie1

Couldn't agree more with you on all fronts there Kevin...

http://www.myspace.com/zakwinnick/

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  11:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have all been added.

except you Surferx... your link didnt work.

www.myspace.com/revolvingdoors

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  01:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, for everyone that wants to add me...Try this address...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1726550

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  2:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check out this story from Rollingstone... I had no idea Myspace was now the 4th most visited website on the internet! That's nuts!!!

quote:
As All-American Rejects tour the country, guitarist Nick Wheeler is constantly confronted by people who say they know him. "Kids you've never met before know your dog's name -- they know things my parents don't know," he says. The reason is MySpace.com, a social-networking site, where millions of young music fans go to listen to new tunes and find out more about their favorite bands. Wheeler is not complaining. "We're getting 30,000 people a day listening to our song on MySpace. It's blowing my mind."
Launched in 2003 with just seven employees, MySpace has become the fourth-highest-trafficked Web site (after Yahoo!, eBay and MSN), with 35 million members, and in July, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. paid $580 million to acquire its parent company. On November 15th, MySpace Records, in partnership with Interscope, will release its first CD, a compilation featuring site faves Weezer, Dashboard Confessional and Fall Out Boy. The first band the label signed, rap-rockers Hollywood Undead, also appear on the disc. Their debut is expected in the spring.

Bands use the site in innovative ways: Foo Fighters offered a podcast on the making of their latest album, In Your Honor; Weezer and Nine Inch Nails have streamed new music before its release; Coldplay uploaded exclusive footage from their tour of Japan; and unsigned acts use it to reach fans and record labels. "Any way you do business in music has been affected by MySpace," says the company's president, Tom Anderson. "We hear from bands that have places to stay on tour because they meet people online. They're able to book venues, they're able to fill them. A&R are using it to find bands, MTV is using it to find people for reality shows, and the movie industry is using it to find bands for soundtracks."

Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional uses MySpace to post music and communicate with fans. "It's the first place people go now," he says. "If they heard a Dashboard song they wouldn't go to my site to check it out, they'd go to MySpace. It's the world's most powerful marketing tool at the moment."

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  02:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool story, but I'm not too sure about Myspace Records...

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really doubt Yahoo and MSN beat Google in visits.

quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Check out this story from Rollingstone... I had no idea Myspace was now the 4th most visited website on the internet! That's nuts!!!

quote:
As All-American Rejects tour the country, guitarist Nick Wheeler is constantly confronted by people who say they know him. "Kids you've never met before know your dog's name -- they know things my parents don't know," he says. The reason is MySpace.com, a social-networking site, where millions of young music fans go to listen to new tunes and find out more about their favorite bands. Wheeler is not complaining. "We're getting 30,000 people a day listening to our song on MySpace. It's blowing my mind."
Launched in 2003 with just seven employees, MySpace has become the fourth-highest-trafficked Web site (after Yahoo!, eBay and MSN), with 35 million members, and in July, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. paid $580 million to acquire its parent company. On November 15th, MySpace Records, in partnership with Interscope, will release its first CD, a compilation featuring site faves Weezer, Dashboard Confessional and Fall Out Boy. The first band the label signed, rap-rockers Hollywood Undead, also appear on the disc. Their debut is expected in the spring.

Bands use the site in innovative ways: Foo Fighters offered a podcast on the making of their latest album, In Your Honor; Weezer and Nine Inch Nails have streamed new music before its release; Coldplay uploaded exclusive footage from their tour of Japan; and unsigned acts use it to reach fans and record labels. "Any way you do business in music has been affected by MySpace," says the company's president, Tom Anderson. "We hear from bands that have places to stay on tour because they meet people online. They're able to book venues, they're able to fill them. A&R are using it to find bands, MTV is using it to find people for reality shows, and the movie industry is using it to find bands for soundtracks."

Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional uses MySpace to post music and communicate with fans. "It's the first place people go now," he says. "If they heard a Dashboard song they wouldn't go to my site to check it out, they'd go to MySpace. It's the world's most powerful marketing tool at the moment."

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000