If your a Kevin Smith fan....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  11:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And for some reason i believe everyone is... even if they dont know it.

Hes the guy who wrote/directed/acted/produced Clerks, Clerks the Cartoon, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... and if you have seen them i believe you will enjoy this film... even if u didnt u probably will still like it....

http://www.countingdown.com/theater/originals/detail/282621

Enjoy... im out peace.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  12:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else think Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a complete piece of shit?

I've caught hell from every man, woman and child I know for not liking this movie. I love all Kevin Smiths other movies I think he's a cleaver film maker but JSBSB was just awful.

Ah well flame away just thought i'd get that out there.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  1:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I liked j and bob strikes back... it was very much an in joke movie. The funniest part for me was when i saw some animated birds fly behind them in one shot... adn that is completely and in joke. So i thikn that is why it didnt pan out.

Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  2:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My personal fav. Kevin Smith movie is Dogma. That flick has some great dialogue and is pretty funny. I love the subject of the movie and all the discussion about Catholicism.

I also love Mallrats, that movie is hilarious: stink palm, the kid on the escalaltor, superman blowing a load like a shotgun, making woopie, "like the back of a Volkswagon", and of course the antics of Jay and Silent Bob.

Keep on keepin on Mr. Smith

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  10:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My fav movie is Chasing Amy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  12:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dogma and Clerks here! That guy is a genius. I wanna be in one of his movies.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  12:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Clerks is what drew me into the K. Smith universe... now i am stuck...and i can not get out of it... but i dont really want to leave.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  05:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chasing Amy would be my 3rd choice. Have not had an opportunity to see Jay and Silent Bob strike back, but I was really looking forward to it. If I am not mistaken it came out while we were on tour. I miss so many movies during touring season. I will let you know what I think when I get to see it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  11:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin Smith is great ... if you ever have the chance, take a swing by Jay's store in Red Bank, NJ. It's a great comic book store and you can even catch them in there every so often :) Great bunch of people to talk to, very easy going and they don't mind a barrage of mindless questions from dolts like me :)

I live about two hours away, but it's well worth the trip up there, even if they aren't around. Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash is a great store, hehehe.

As far as his movies, my favorite would have to be Mall Rats, followed by Dogma than Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Clerks and Chasing Amy are great films as well, so don't get me wrong. I'm just on pins and needles waiting for Vulgar!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  11:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Smith didnt write Vulgar man, unless your talking about Vulgarthon 3..... but if your talking about the movie Smith didnt write it.

Your a lucky bastard for livin 2 hr from JandBobs stash... im like 2 days away.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  11:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Smith didnt write Vulgar man, unless your talking about Vulgarthon 3..... but if your talking about the movie Smith didnt write it.

Your a lucky bastard for livin 2 hr from JandBobs stash... im like 2 days away.

Right, he did not write it ... I just excited because I've heard so much about it and it's a View Askew movie :)

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  1:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
werd. I want to see it as well. that and A Better Place.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  11:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.newsaskew.com/misc/ks_leno_1211_high.rm

this is a bit kevin had on leno last night... its prety damn funny... u dont even need to be a smith fan and its funny.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000